Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to BT

• 05-07-2005 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I'm switching my ISP from Eircom to BT. So I rang BT and asked them about switching. The sales guy said he would send me out forms and that would be that.

Now my question is, is that really all there is to it or am I just being overly cautious?

Thanks,
    Marc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

There are a few threads on this already. But I've only recently moved and it was straight forward enough.
    Are you taking their BB and line rental product? Or just switching BB?

If you are transferring then its essential you fill in the form they send you out (nearly 100% you can't do this over the phone).

ambrose :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DigiMarc

Yeah Im going to take the phone and broadband from them. Sounds good thanks for the assurance kingambrose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Btw are you still "renting" your phone from Eircom. If you are, this charge is transferred over to BT. You've to ask Eircom to cancel this off your bill, and make sure BT don't charge you for it :) (that is of course if you mind paying Eircom a ridiculous sum of money to "rent" a phone!! Otherwise don't matter...)

ambrose :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I found the process very straight forward.. Signed up online.. None of this print out the DD& sent it back so we can lose it.. Got the modem & connected within 9 days. Got a letter a few days after that confirming evetything & just to double check the DD details were correct.. So far so good..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

beller b wrote:
    So far so good..
    hope you've touched wood....? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Ah now don't be putting the mockers on it!!!!!!!!

Ambrose, I wasnt renting phone from Eircom so should be ok on that front. :) I was on the 1Mb line with Eircom and am switching to the 2Mb line with BT so hopefully this should be a nice change. Should have the forms by today so we'll see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

DigiMarc wrote:
    Ambrose, I wasnt renting phone from Eircom so should be ok on that front. :) I was on the 1Mb line with Eircom and am switching to the 2Mb line with BT so hopefully this should be a nice change. Should have the forms by today so we'll see how it goes.

You should actually save some money with that faster connection as well.
    From memory I dont think eircom dropped their monthly 1Mbit price for existing customers...then again I could be wrong!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

God help me I'm losing patience fast!!

Signed up online to BT BB Plus & Line rental about two weeks ago. Logged in almost daily to check order status and every day was the same status, "In Progress". Sounds ok right! Wrong.

Logged in today to find out that my order was rejected! For some "unknown" reason my eircom account number never went through with the online form. Everything else did. Sales guy said, "sometimes stuff comes through, sometimes it doesn't". That's a great service :) :mad:

Anyway, long and short of it, it's gonna take another 10 days from the time I give them my eircom account number before I get my BB.

Why, oh why, oh why, oh why, couldn't they have told me this as soon as the form went through!

Signed, 1 p**sed off customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,114 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

it took me two months to sort out BB with BT, my request for the trial was lost twice and rejected once! then when it finally came i did not have enough filters o it would not work and had to wait some more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

BT have a lot of problems to iron out with their online BB signup's.

Damn I had to wait from December to the end of February...slightly over 2.5months.
    Then again I had availed of the eircom trial and never gave BT my cancellation code.
    Even with the code it still took them another month and 3 more phone calls to get their acts together...arrogant little so and so on the phone wasnt of much help!!!

Ring up the tools, get them to log your complaint(they mysteriously lost my callup records) and see what happens!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Logged in today to find out that my order was rejected! For some "unknown" reason my eircom account number never went through with the online form.

I heard that BT are totally backlogged at the mo as people ring up to give them the details that their Online system borked and to query these 'reject' status messages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I heard that BT are totally backlogged at the mo as people ring up to give them the details that their Online system borked and to query these 'reject' status messages

I don't doubt it for one second. Why can't these things just go smoothly :(

Can somone please post something good while I wait for BT. This is giving me nightmares ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

i phoned MAgnet the other day , i questioned them about this delay from going to Eircom to Magnet, and they were honest enough to say that it would be straight forward just for the BB package, but if i was to give them the Line as well there would be a delay, not from them but with Eircom, the handing over of the line might be your delay, but please keep us informed/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

DigiMarc wrote:
    I'm switching my ISP from Eircom to BT. So I rang BT and asked them about switching. The sales guy said he would send me out forms and that would be that.

Now my question is, is that really all there is to it or am I just being overly cautious?

Thanks,
    Marc.

did this in december last. sent the forms in mid dec., finally got word on the 11 of jan when my eircom was finally cut. modem arrived next day. that nite i found out that no one had set up a username or password for me. on ur app. form there is actually a space for it where u fill in what u want it to be. was told to phone up the sales department on saturday to sort this out. did that at 10.30 on saturday. was told it could take an hour or so to register. it took 12. finally got my BB at about 10 or so that nite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 the gobbler

digimarc, word of advice, get the name of every person you talk to in BT,very important....be prepared for the hour and a half to 2 hours wait if you need to call cust care in the future or to check on your order ...if they mess it up..you will go bald with stress.

But the best advice....stay where you are. It's not worth the hassle..i learned the hard way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

lol it took them 6 months to get my modem here literally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=303618

have a look at the link , if things go wrong with bt , they Really go wrong ,but you could be one of the lucky ones and actually get broadband in 10 days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Roy16

BT are brutal and customer serivce.........not sure if they one. I ordered BT BB back in august and told it would take 14 days etc and after nothing and no word back either, so i rang blah,blah....i cancelled that order and went with Eircom and had BB connection within 7days and im still waiting for my refund for BT......I would stay were you are for the moment.

lol I only noticed people were posting in this thread again yesterday.

I got this sorted with no hassle. Was only looking to see if it was easy to change ISP. In my case it went very smooth. They have even been billing me ;)

Thanks for all the posts guys!

Advertisement