Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars

Options
  • 05-07-2005 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any good comments on it? as god as WOW and is there many irish players out there ? or servers running it?

First MMORPG I've bought in ages !! and awaiting delivery !

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

We've got about 17 Irish players in our guild, I've come across another with about 12 players, and you run into the odd one here and there.

Can't compare it with WoW, never played it, but you're almost guaranteed to find it fun, even if the appeal won't last as long as other MMORPG's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I got it last Friday and I'm loving it. Can feel my life just drifting away ... :D

And I still manage to find time for Unreal as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

We've got about 17 Irish players in our guild, I've come across another with about 12 players, and you run into the odd one here and there.

Can't compare it with WoW, never played it, but you're almost guaranteed to find it fun, even if the appeal won't last as long as other MMORPG's.

got an ip for the server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I'd be up for joining your guild, if you don't mind that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Drapper wrote:
    got an ip for the server?

There is only one server m8, you install the game sign up for an account and then log in.
    Everyone is on the one server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Laguna wrote:
    I'd be up for joining your guild, if you don't mind that is?

Yeah course you can, we're always recruiting Irish players. PM me your in-game name and I'll send you an invite.

And yeah, there's official servers you play on. You can either play on US or European servers, and there's a Korean one too.

Well I started last night and its fantastic, new to MMORPG's but its addictive, its kinda hard to get a guild or teams going as there Euro server have allot of non English SPeakers!

Anyway my inplayer name is Trogen Moon (a monk) if anyone of you Irish Guys wanna link to me and carry out a few quests later !

:-)

lots to learn ! one guy from the UK game me a deadly introduction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

You're welcome to join our guild. We're still recruiting new members and we definitely could use another monk. ;)

I'll send you an invite ingame if you're interested.

LordBlonde wrote:
    You're welcome to join our guild. We're still recruiting new members and we definitely could use another monk. ;)

I'll send you an invite ingame if you're interested.

I'm interested but I'm only on level 2 and I'm new to MMORPG games ! so you better be patient with a noob in your Guil !

but I'd be delighted to join you guys !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

Drapper wrote:
    I'm interested but I'm only on level 2 and I'm new to MMORPG games ! so you better be patient with a noob in your Guil !

but I'd be delighted to join you guys !!

Ah we're all noobs at some point. Most people in the guild will be happy to help out on a few missions if you like.

I've sent that invite so join up and get your guild cape. ;)

Guys reached level 5 (good for a MMO noob) still tring to get use to Missions and Quests ! and the benefits of each !

Any tips? or good links?

BTW aren't the graphics amazing ?

also, anyone got a good link to the complete /abreviation commands ! (no search google is your best bet smart answers) I value responses on Boards.ie...... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

http://www.guildwarsguru.com
    http://www.gwonline.net
    http://gwvault.ign.com/

Most of what you'll need is probably on those sites.

OSiriS wrote:
    http://www.guildwarsguru.com
    http://www.gwonline.net
    http://gwvault.ign.com/

Most of what you'll need is probably on those sites.

Tnanks m8 ! great links !

WE are looking for noob guild memebers !! :-)

Add me Trogen Moon as your buddy or The Brock and we will add you !!

we are aroud level 6 / 7 in old Ascalon City !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Oh man, I feel for ya, that Ascalon place is a hole, nearly made me quit the game.. til I got away from it that is. Frickin Ascalon is so...... .. brown!

Laguna wrote:
    Oh man, I feel for ya, that Ascalon place is a hole, nearly made me quit the game.. til I got away from it that is. Frickin Ascalon is so...... .. brown!

Here was reading the Guild MAnaul 2 weeks after starting the game !! lol

how do you get your weapons modified?

also

if your a billy no mates or a memmber of a small guild can you complete most missions/quests with Henchmen ?

Trogen Moon (aka Drapper)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Drapper wrote:
    how do you get your weapons modified?

if your a billy no mates or a memmber of a small guild can you complete most missions/quests with Henchmen ?

Trogen Moon (aka Drapper)

You get your weapons customised for you at the weapons dealer. Just remember if a weapon says Customised to Trogen Moon you can't sell it to anyone else - only to the merchant. Nobody else can use a customised weapon. You can also upgrade armour and buy runes to enhance them.

As for quests - you can do all quests and missions with the henchies if you like but you'll be missing out on the fun of playing with real people.

Add me (Tomas Shugar) to your friends and I'll go out on a couple of the quests with you if you like. I'm a L14 Ranger/Elementalist.

Drapper wrote:

I'd say just about every mission up until you get to the desert is doable with just hench, and probably easier in some cases, because some people mess up missions no matter how many times you tell them not to do something.

Obviously the best way is if you're with a guild, we've helped most of our lower level members with the missions. They're pretty easy when you're accompanied by five level 20's. :D

BTW I'm a Monk and a Ranger !! :-)

I feeel some healing coming on ..................

level 20 !! jeesshhhhhhhh fantastic

• Advertisement

On level 7 and the missions are getting harder, hate the way you spend an hour on one and near the end your killed (plus your party) and you got to go back to the start !

is there anyway you can "spawn" closer to where your teams died.

BTW one of the Henchwomen was better that 3 real players !! lol thanks god she brought us back to life a few times !

Advertisement