Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I would like zero karma please

• 12-08-2001 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭

|7 $33/\/\$ 70 /\/\3 7h47 /\/\0$7 /\/\0d$ \/\/4n7 |7 700, 7h3y 41/\/\0$7 (0/\/\p13731y |9n0r3 |7 by n0\/\/ 0n1y 7h3 (h0$3n f3\/\/ 4pp34r 70 937 +'\/3 |<4r/\/\4, \/\/h|1$7 du/\/\b p0$7$ 937 |9n0r3d | d0n'7 1||<3 /\/\y |<4r/\/\4, | p0$7 (r4p 1||<3 3\/3ry0n3 31$3 4nd \/\/0u1d r47h3r /\/\y \/\/0rd$ \/\/3r3 74|<3n 47 f4(3 \/41u3, n07 7h3 p0|n7$ $(0r3 | h0p3 7h|$ p0$7 d3$3r\/3$ b4d |<4r/\/\4, |7 $h0u1d

Translation will follow if you wish or care.(counter strike has weird and wonderfull sites)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

That made even less sense when I translated it into English. The "chosen few" who get positive karma are those who deserve it through helpful postings or actions on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

$h|nj|, | h34r \/\/h47 j00 4r3 $4y|n9, bu7 | 4/\/\ pr0ud 0f 0n1y 0n3 0f /\/\y |<4r/\/\4 p0$7$, 7h47$ 7h3 0n3 \/3rb 94\/3 /\/\3, | f317 7h47 | 34rn3d |7, bu7 /\/\y pr0b13/\/\ |$ 7h47 |7 \/\/|11 /\/\34n n07h|n9 \/\/|7h |<4r/\/\4 f4d|n9 $|/\/\|14r|1y |f | |n$u17 $0/\/\30n3 | \/\/|11 937 b4d |<4r/\/\4 700, \/\/h|(h \/\/|11 f4d3 700 4n07h3r\/\/0rd$ |7 /\/\34n$ n07h|n9 ,3)((3p7 70 7h3 n3\/\/b|3$ \/\/hy h4\/3n'7 j00 9|\/3n /\/\3 b4d |<4r/\/\4 y37 tongue.gif

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Karma was an OK idea, but there's not enough time to universally balance that karma.
    It's inherently flawed, I propose we remove the Karma feature or face the cosmic consequences of the universe collapsing on itself, and people like Longfield posting in l33+ $p34|< to express their disgust.
    Enough of this 'playing god' cr4p, you have no idea of the forces you're meddling with.

PS. I think Longfield should get another karma point for his heart-warming post.

LMAO
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">PS. I think Longfield should get another karma point for his heart-warming post</font>
    Don't even dream of it hehee biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

i really thich that the Karma idea has to go. It doesn't benefit the boards in any one and is wide open to abuse. Just look a Longfields Karma history. He received a Karam point for give a mod Win2000 service pack. Somehow i don't think that is the reson that karma was introduced in the first place.

What was wrong with the old method of policing the boards anyway. I know Dev said that it was growing too much for him to see everything. But that is what the Mods are here for. The Admins board is also a goo d place to highlight issuses.

• Advertisement

Agree with you Keeks mostly. Actually I don't have a problem with that karma point, if we were to take karma seriously then helping other community members is worthy of reward.
    But should a "you made me laugh" type karma give weight to the same poster in Technology?
    Its flawed, and best forgotten.
    IMO killing trolls was the best way to stop spam..mods will quickly lock stupid posts..trolls is no longer postable, so post count is more meaningful..
    Karma isn't needed since then.
    Email is the best way to warn muppets, karma just gives them notoriety.
    My 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Lucy_la_morte

Longfield, if you want to zero your karma then post 200 more posts to the boards. I believe it's every 100 posts when a karma point is neutralised.

Kitty aime la grosses HWGuys comme Richindub2.

Lucy la morte.

[This message has been edited by Lucy_la_morte (edited 12-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

all the cool people have 0 karma, just look at me biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'm still trying to lower my karma value.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I don't seem to be able to view everyones Karma,
    I get this when i try to view Sico's
    No member record was found for your UserName. Please go back and make sure you have your UserName and password entered correctly or stored as cookies in your browser. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

You have to make a post to one of the bulletin boards each session before you can check someones karma.

Its funny reading, here ye go OJ

sicokarma.jpg

In awe and respect biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Longfield (edited 12-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Heh.The above post is funny, but also shows exactly what is wrong with the karma system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i would think that negative karma could be distributed well, but positive karma rewarding ppl should be done away with unless the person has negative karma already.

i agree with longfield that rewarding ppl with positive karma for a helpful post or whatever is a bit stupid when it is given out in an unbalanced manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I think people are taking the karma system rather too seriously. If you don't like the system, don't look at the tiny ickle numbers - it's as simple as that.

It's nice for the moderators to have a way to praise or warn posters, such that it remains on their records. IMO the actual karma "rating" isn't what's important, it's what's stored in the permanent record of comments made about this user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

LOL Sico, I've been looking at your Karma score, how have you managed to sink so low? I haven't seen any muppety posts from you, point me to them smile.gif

Well plyd Longfield smile.gif

Even though I still cannot make out what the hell you are trying to say.

Keep 'em coming....

[edit] Amp you b@stard... [/edit]

[This message has been edited by Sico (edited 12-08-2001).]

cun+s!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    all the cool people have 0 karma, just look at me biggrin.gif</font>

Glad you are special biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Bard +1
    ...for giving me Windows
    2000 Service Pack 2 on
    CD-ROM and saving me a
    7 hour download... Yay
    you.</font>

Keep Going, You'll probably get a lot more then karma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭yankinlk

testing to se my karma...got an email saying i was getting karma added, but i think the mod took it away by accident. lol

[edit]yep. he did.

Crash&Burn -1 Cause u have been such a help to the people that play UT keep up the good work biggrin.gif

[/edit]

[This message has been edited by yankinlk (edited 14-08-2001).]

One step closer biggrin.gif , 6155 4 |<155 |\/|1|_|_5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Karma should stay for it potential comedy value alone.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

I'll tan your hide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yankinlk:
    testing to se my karma...got an email saying i was getting
    karma added, but i think the mod took it away by accident. lol

[edit]yep. he did.

Crash&Burn -1 Cause u have been such a help to the people that play UT keep up the good work biggrin.gif

[/edit]
    </font>

Ha! Crash&Burn just did the same to me. I just got a warning from him containing a "good post" message. I've emailed him though - I want my karma point back. smile.gif

K

[Edited for UBB code]

[This message has been edited by Kix (edited 15-08-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:
    I'll tan your hide</font>

Oh stop your flirting or I'll give you another karma point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

STUPID KARMA THING last time any one gets one of me I hit praise and it messed up frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭OConnor

[/rant]
    I got negative Karma from Bard..(thats the guy he got the Win2000 thing for) for insulting Longfield frown.gif
    and then to cap it off, Castor deleted the thread , and Dosed me out another lot of Negative Karma for the same thing! thats a bit lousy.
    Basically, im carrying around -2 karma for Insulting a Mod's friend. Thats Very Lousy.
    frown.gif
    It also says i posted "trivel" that "would emabarass a baboon".
    I was just giving my opinion!
    (admittedly , it is pro-communism and slightly bigoted).
    [\rant]

drivel i say drivels.jpg

Still posting drivel dribbles biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

Trivel... the ******* child of Trivia and Drivel.

But yes there are mods that don't read someones karma before modifying it and that don't include a url to the relevant post.

GET YOUR SHÍT TOGETHER PEOPLE! MAKE THAT EXTRA EFFORT! IF WE DO IT RIGHT WE CAN MAKE KARMA WORK..... FOR EVERYONE!

All your bases belong to us la la laaa and other old boring karma stufff

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Longfield:
    drivel i say drivels.jpg

Still posting drivel dribbles biggrin.gif
    </font>

Thats really Fu<king hilarious...
    frown.gif
    Honestly, i feel hard done by here.
    whats Drivel and whats not? and does it deserve negative Karma?
    If it does you'd have -10.

Amp : nice use of the word B@st@rd .
    i like it when people use words correctly biggrin.gif

Good man OConnor, that hole isn't deep enough , keep digging smile.gif

oscar.gif

Mods this thread has run its course, not really intrested in a slagging match with OConnor, so please lock it ..

BTW OConnor, do you like this pic biggrin.gif

baboon.jpg

ROTFL! n1!
    were did i slag you ?
    /me apoligsies profusedly

• Advertisement

dammit OConnor, i'm starting to like you; and we had that beautiful anger thing going.

I'd give some karma for that if i could, ahh well, karma is for the gods, and they are fickle ppl.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

wink.gif

Longfield, im very tempted to reach in to my vast archive of w-i-t-t-y and a-m-u-s-i-n-g animated GIF's, but like , its your thread and im not going to spam/flame it (if i havent already? confused.gif )
    anyways
    If the mod thought my thread was such drivel, he could have deleted it without giving me -2 negative karma frown.gif
    Its not even the number that ****es me off, its the really nasty comments...
    thats just rubbing it in and abusing thier powers as a moderator...

is it really necessary to compare to an acutely embarrassed baboon confused.gif

[This message has been edited by OConnor (edited 19-08-2001).]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement