Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New system suggestions....

Options
  • 05-07-2005 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I have about €1000+ to spend on a system.. Looking to leave Intel behind n go back to AMD... Only thing is, i havent kept up on AMDs going ons. Was thinking of going down the crossfire road but need to readup r wait till its finally released to which mobo to go for... Either way hit me with ur suggestions. I need a Mobo/CPU/GFX I have 1gig PC4000 DDR ram n Hard drives etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Crossfire mobo's aren't available yet. Due out in a month or two - but have been already delayed!

Get an AMD Athlon64 Venice 3200+, either DFI nF4 or ASUS A8N board (depending on how much time you want to spend tweaking), and then graphics card is either 6800GT or X800XL. (€780)
    In fact with just those items you could go SLi with two 6800GT's! (€1125)
    (Komplett prices)

And custom watercooling of course! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Get a 3200+ (Venice core), Epox 9npa+ SLI, 7800GTX. Theres a nice 1000 euro rig for u :D.

Aww, now I want to upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Im thinking Venice 3200, Asus A8N-SLi Premium nForce4 SLi and an X800XL n hope that nvidea allow crossfire to work on their mobo's....

Works out at €680 for above... Using a saphire X800XL. Just need to come up with a crazy watercooling idea now. Something outdoors.... ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

why the 3200 , out of interest? fair enough its not worth blowing a load of cash on a 4000 if you might like to go dual core in a while, but why not 3500 or 3700 ?

Is it just easy to oc up to a nice high speed?

• Advertisement

As far as i know the 3200 is a great overclocker, I intend to overclock it so why spend the extra when i can get it for free(and enjoy doing it..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

The 3200+ and 3500+ have pretty much the same ceiling for overclocks, i'd say that that's a factor. Why not my plan involving a 7800GTX unkel? You know the dark side of ridiculous pixel power is calling you

7800 is big bucks, i prefare the crossfire idea...

Advertisement