Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JVC-32 inch wide screen TV... Problems..

Options
  • 05-07-2005 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Recently bought JVC 32 inch wide screen TV ...cost 800 Euros...supposed to be all singing all dancing ! Soon as we tuned in we discovered that this TV cannot display red properly .. in the centre of the screen it fades to deep pink. We looked for a replacement and now have the same problem in the left hand corner. Picture is perfect if nobody is wearing red ... bit of a problem as my other half is a Liverpool Fanatic ! We had better picture on our 1990 Ferguson.
    What should we do ? Demand our money back ... and if retailer agrees any ideas on an alternative to JVC ?
    Ta in advance

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

maccoll wrote:
    We looked for a replacement and now have the same problem in the left hand corner.

Did you get a replacement in the first case? If you did and you're now on your second model of the same brand/model TV with the same problem then I'd look for a different one. I'm not sure how far you'd get with the retailer, whether he'd give you a different brand or not - I think he only has to replace like for like.

If it's any help I have a Sony 32" for a couple of years now and it's spot on!

HTH

S

[edit]Just a thought - do you have any strong magnetic sources near the TV by any chance?[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 maccoll

Thanks Dr. Spock ..Yes, we did get the replacement and it has exactly the same problem in the left hand corner rather than the centre of the screen .. does your head in very quickly. I think I will try and get my money back and shop around for a Sony. I opted for the JVC as it was about 50 Euros cheaper ... big mistake. Thanks for your advice.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Crunch

Have a JVC 32" and it seems better than the old Sony for sure. Must have been unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is it just red or are all colours in the affected area off colour ?

This sounds like a degaussing problem or magnetic interference from an outside source.

Make sure there are no electrical appliances close to the set ( even on the other side of the wall the tv is up against) or that the set is not near a radiator, speaker, load carrying cables, wireless trasnsmitters, large metal ornaments. Put the set in the middle of the floor with NOTHING near it, switch it off for about 10 mins then back on - problem still there ? Is there a degauss option in the menu system anywhere ? If so apply it, any difference ? Strange that 2 sets should suffer exactly the same symptoms !

Another possibility is that the sets got a jolt that dislodged the shadowmask or aperture grill, how were they delivered ?

Did you bring the sets home in your car/van, was the tube front close to a speaker in the car ? If this was the case the discolouring will dissappear after a few days if the set is powered off between uses as opposed to put in standby.

Hope some of this helps !
    ZEN

• Advertisement
Advertisement