Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which season opener will you watch first and why?

• 05-07-2005 5:22pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Very soon our cousins will be able to send us the new episodes of three different shows: Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica. Which one will you be watching first and why?

For me, it's going to be 'Stargate:SG-1' because I've been with it for years and am curious to see how the cast changes and story changes are going to work out.

What say ye?

What season opener will you watch first? 18 votes

Battlestar Galactica (2003) - 2x01 - 'Scattered'
    0%
    Stargate: Atlantis - 2x01 - 'The Seige (III)'
    44%
    VenomTazzleStarkGerardKeatingRazmonkeyfudgePrivate Jokertoiletduck 8 votes
    Stargate: SG-1 - 9x01 - 'Avalon (I)'
    55%
    D-Generateteck-x5jor elJohnKMrPinKsenordingdongstackeyeis_that_soGone Westepo addict 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm going to watch Battlestar Galactica first as I find that to be a much more enjoyable show. Then I'm going to download Stargate SG-1 for the first time to see how my beloved Farscape actors are doing. Not going to bother with Stargate Atlantis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm only interested in Stargate so whichever tape arrives first is the one I'll be watching! Although, saying that, if they were both to arrive at the exact same time I'd probably watch Atlantis first.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'll be watching whichever is first on TV, 'cos I can't be arsed getting bittorrent to work with my router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Battlestar for me because of the cliffhanger. It was an extremely intense ending to the last episode and I really want to know what's going to happen.
    After that it'll be SG-1 because of the quality that's been delivered over the previous 8 seasons. I've forgotten last seasons ending but I think it wrapped up quite cleanly didn't it? Like Stark I'm interested to see Browder in this new role, whether he'll just be a rehash of his John Crithon character or if he will be fresh and original (tbh I don't think farscape had much on SG-1. Recently finished watching them all and some of them really dragged while the acting was terrible in a lot of cases).
    Atlantis doesn't do it for me as much as the others, maybe that'll change this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

One word.....C-L-F-F-H-A-N-G-A-R.

Atlantis for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

SG-1 for me. Its the daddy!

However, I'm also anxious to see Atlantis because of the cliffhanger ending. Seeing as I generally sit down to watch the tapes with several of the housemates, their opinions might have to be considered.

Pfft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

SG-1, Atlantis then BSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

if i could watch them all at the same time, i would.
    any idea when theyre on in the us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

atlantis, because I find it way better than sg-1. Not just because of them shamlessly leaving a killer cliffhanger in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

I'm most looking forward to the new Atlantis, but which ever one arrives first will be watched first.

• Advertisement

The question has finally been answered. SG1 arrived this morning so I'm just finished watching it :D Unfortunately the post is a bit slower for Atlantis :( but i can see the postman coming down the road so its nearly here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

The plane delivering all 3 eps is very slow, its took off 9 hours ago and is still ony in the middle of the atlantic, :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

These cats are slower than An Post :(

Bloody hell thats slow. I had taken delivery and watched both stargate eps by 11am. I think ye need a better courier company...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I watched them in the order I got them so BSG, SG1 and SGA. BSG was quickest to arrive in just over 30 min so SG1 was arriving while I watched some Cylons kicking ass. SGA took the longest to arrive out of the 3 shows so I had a little wait after SG1 before it was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stackeye

Stargate SG1 is at my doorstep, its only taken 12 hours, atlantis is just over Iceland.

Advertisement