Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardware board?

• 18-08-2001 1:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Probably been suggested before, but what's the chances of getting a hardware board added? Reason I ask is not because I want a hardware board, but because I'm sick of having to plough through all the hardware stuff on Technology. If a hardware board is added, it'll leave Technology for just general tech stuff. The only risk is of course that it could kill Technology altogether, since hardware is all that seems to get posted there these days. It seems to be the only thing left in Technology that hasn't been categorised though, and the reorganisation seems to have worked pretty well.

Anyway, just a thought. Said I'd take it around the block to see if it scores with someone called Rita Rubbers (as Gus Hedges would say).

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 18-08-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

i think the technology board is where hardware show be, possibly a rename to Tech / HW but i think its ok as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Mmh, nah, Technology is split enough already in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I've said it b4 and i'll say it again - the tech board should be split in 2, a software and a hardware board.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think it should too
    The tech board being the 2nd biggest board.. there is a lot of stuff to go through..

Oh, another thing.. if it does go ahead.. looking for mods? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

The tech board is nowhere as busy as it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

I've agreed with Keeks on this before and I'll agree with him again

Kensai, wait til everyone gets back to college

Advertisement