Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Bug?

• 23-08-2001 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Just noticed a tiny itty bitty bug on boards.ie
    When you look at someones profile their status is not using the same scheme. i.e someone who's a Cool Newbie is listed as a Junior member.

Also you know the 10 last posts on the frontpage? What would you guys think of making the boardname that a post is on a link to the board? I keep finding myself trying to click on them. (I'm a slooooow learner wink.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually there is some kind of memory leak on the drop down menus. If you keep switching pages before the menu disappears (by pressing back button) your browser will crash after a few pages.

I've reproduced this on a couple of machines now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

those menus wreak havok with ever browser ive ever used except opera. smile.gif

OFFICAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed by SANE people. We accept no responsibility for any contamination caused to your bodily fluids due to reading this post. We ask patrons to please keep their feet visible at all times and their left hand raised in the air, for their own safety. Remember we're extremists with miniature guitars...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

You'd wanna be fairly fast there Hobbes smile.gif
    I've never had any trouble with the Menus though, except on Mozilla where it just doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Does anyone else find themselves refreshing the boards every 3 mins when you've nothing better to do, and then responding to all new topics, even if you havent a clue? Or I am I just trying to avoid studying for Saturday?

When I was young, I dreamed of being a Fireman. Then I learned that they put out the fires.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its a well known phenomena.

Its called ABS syndrome (Anything But Study). There was a huge outbreak of it in UL about a year ago. (Osiris was particularly afflicted).

If not treated it can develop into ABW syndrome (Anything But Work).

DeVore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

isnt this a bard thread?
    i read it, but i cant see his name anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    isnt this a bard thread?
    i read it, but i cant see his name anywhere?
    </font>

nope, it isn't wink.gif but here's my name for ya anyway...

above niggly "bugs" seem ridiculously minor to me, tbh...

How'r'ya Eamo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    nope, it isn't wink.gif but here's my name for ya anyway...

How'r'ya Eamo?
    </font>

lol, cheeky bas7ard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    lol, cheeky bas7ard</font>

I'm now a part-time barman- being a cheeky bas7ard and ignoring "minor problems" are all part of the job wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i find myself refreshing the welcome page...

excuse me while i go look for a hobbie

j

"Why not put the match in a shark tank, with real live sharks, hungry sharks, and the only way to beat your
    opponent is to stuff them down a shark's throat and pin a shark".
    -Kurt Angle to Lilian Garcia

• Advertisement

above niggly "bugs" seem ridiculously minor to me, tbh.</font>

Yea having to wait while IE creates a core dump and crashes all your open IE windows is pretty minor. rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Well to be honest my one was really minor. I've been fixing bugs like it all week, I think I may have caught something off one of the testers or something smile.gif
    (My God it's contagious!)

Hobbes is that on Macs or have you replicated it on PC's too?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Yea having to wait while IE creates a core dump and crashes all your open IE windows is pretty minor. rolleyes.gif

</font>

I was talking about Enygma's "bugs", Hobbes, not yours. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I was talking about Enygma's "bugs", Hobbes, not yours. Sorry if that wasn't clear.</font>

No worries smile.gif

Enygma, that's only on IE for PC. Mac doesn't have the issue and I have the javascript disabled on Konqueror as I find the drop down menu annoying to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

</font>

SAY IT AIN'T SO! wink.gif

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

Advertisement