Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Course CIMA

Options
  • 05-07-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Heyas

I need to expand my cv, so I was thinking if doing the CIMA. Has anyone sat through these exams? Can you tell me about your experience?

Cheers

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Well there

I thought you were settling up your own business.

I am ACCA, financial accounting, CIMA, management accounting. Why would you put yourself through that.

You have three classes of accountants,

Us Chartered guys
    CIMA blokes
    and the parking attendents - CPA .

I meant the last remark as a joke, do not want to bring any organisation into disrepute.

On a serious note, it depends on what you want to get out of them, your experience would be as benifical as extra qualifications. Are you accounting by trade.

I am doing my ACCA exams, the finals now in christmas and they are pretty hard demanding alot of time for study and course classes.

If you do decide to go ahead with CIMA, can i recommend BPP college in dublin, they are extremely good for classes and the lecturers know the examiners or are markers so they give good exam techniques.

Advertisement