Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linksys 54g router with ntl

• 05-07-2005 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I rememebr a while back someone said they had the linksys 802.11g router working with NTl. I've upgraded the firmware to 3.x and I can't seem to get it connected. Can anybody who has this working message me the settings?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

what error exactly are you getting?
    Make sure it is set to the "cable modem" option when doing your setup on the router.
    Sounds obvious, but hey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Make sure you have the router set to clone the MAC address of whatever machine the modem was set up with. That's what caught me out.
    I'm using the Linksys WRT54G. Firmware Version: v2.02.7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ok, I'll try. And fuzzy, I've tried the obvious :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You need to reboot (turn off the power for 30 seconds) the NTL modem "after" it is connected to the wireless router.

Advertisement