Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dragons for supper!~

• 05-07-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

just thought id post up some pics i have of the parade i was in 2weeks ago (im doing another charity/ performing arts gig next friday and am hopefully going to meet Graham Norton!).

can you spot me? blue wkd and heineken sponsored our float, so we got lots of free beer for helping out (ill post up pics of next fri/ when iget a chance) :D

l11.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

can you spot me?

the float was amazing because we had smoke coming out through the nostrils and bubbles coming out through the bum. it got complicated though cos the float was too big for thee truck so the people at the back had to lift he tail up really high which looked kinda funny, like a dog or something... !:D

you're in the red?

no, secound from the head, with the runners and jeans!

i should have known, that's your trademark!

• Advertisement

well id hardly be wearing the shiny/ silver/ black trousers, im not that brave..;)!

here's another pic!

l12.jpg

oh my god iv gotta massive headache (any cures?!), did another gig last night and free bar, jameson/ tiger beer/ the works, all completely free.....:(
    i also met some of the richest people in ireland, including some goverment ministers!
    im on the tear again tonight so i need to recover fast...oh god my head......:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

snorlax wrote:
    oh my god iv gotta massive headache (any cures?!),(
    This is my hangover cure: Well obviously drink lots of water, eat salty like a fry up or cheese on crackers, eat a banana or kiwi, have a cup of tea/coffee and take a paracetamol.
    Replaces salts, fluid. Caffeine and paracetamol reduce headache: hangover gone!

thanks Apex! im a bleedin' disgrace, i only had 3 drinks, the jamesons finished me off, i cant drink liquors at all ( or wine for that matter;)!).....i think im getting old and my liver can't take it anymore.........:(

but would salty food not dehydrate you further? i think id puck up if someone tried to get me to eat rashers at the mo..
    my backs also killing me cos a friend tried to throw me right up into the air when trying to hug me and didnt really succeed...moral of the drinking most definetly mucks you up for the next day and is a hazard...!

snorlax wrote:
    but would salty food not dehydrate you further?
    Not technically. Thing about drinking is you lose a lot of sodium and potassium because you are peeing more, same way you lose water. You know that kind of hungover fatigue, slow reflexes and muscle weakness? That's a lot to do with lack of potassium salt. As long as you drink water when eating these salty things you'll be better off. You want to have an isotonic balance as opposed to a hypotonic. (I used to love LC food studies)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Dioralyte. That stuff tastes disgusting, but it is fantastic for those really toxic, dehydrated-so-much-i-feel-like-an-egyptian-mummy hangovers.

whats Dioralyte Cuckoo?

Oral rehydration salts. It's sold over the counter in pharmacies, in little sachets. It's for dehydration after diarrehea or extended vomiting. I discovered the wonder that is it after a few doses of food poisoning, and always keep some in stock for the morning after a mega night out. There's also some stuff, think it's called something like 'get up and go' that you drink before you go to sleep - it's also got electrolytes and stuff in it so helps with the dehydration. They don't sober you up any faster, but just help with the after effects of indulgence.

I always find the worst part of hangovers is the dehydration, the horrible wilting feeling and the fuzzy head. It's even worse than the post drink flashbacks (i said that? did what?!?! omg...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

cuckoo wrote:
    Oral rehydration salts. It's sold over the counter in pharmacies, in little sachets. It's for dehydration after diarrehea or extended vomiting. I discovered the wonder that is it after a few doses of food poisoning, and always keep some in stock for the morning after a mega night out. There's also some stuff, think it's called something like 'get up and go' that you drink before you go to sleep - it's also got electrolytes and stuff in it so helps with the dehydration. They don't sober you up any faster, but just help with the after effects of indulgence.

I always find the worst part of hangovers is the dehydration, the horrible wilting feeling and the fuzzy head. It's even worse than the post drink flashbacks (i said that? did what?!?! omg...)
    Nononononono

Lucozade sport before bed is the best

then a big fry and loads of fruit juice/coffee the next day

DrIndy wrote:
    Nononononono

Lucozade sport before bed is the best

then a big fry and loads of fruit juice/coffee the next day
    Yeah give it to me baby!

Lucozade is like god-juice when you're hungover..

am just in! still alive thank god and my back dosn't hurt me anymore...:)! i'm still very sober,but i also i don't know how anyone could drink fizzy drinks after being out on the tear, would plain old water not suffice?!

i did something very naughty tonight btw, i took a semi-puff of a cigarette! i stink of it now, and i actually hate those darn things... :eek: !

i also may aswell tell you that some wine is reduced to clear in M&S grafton street (bottles for eur3.99-5.50, if anyone needs some for a party)

snorlax wrote:
    i did something very naughty tonight btw, i took a semi-puff of a cigarette!
    Rebel..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

snorlax wrote:
    i did something very naughty tonight btw, i took a semi-puff of a cigarette!
    Loser.

For smoking that is, not the you-think-that's-naughty thing

ok since everyone else is giving hang over cures, here's mine

1st drink a pint of water.
    2nd eat a quarter pounder and chips or part of
    3rd go to the loo when you get home
    4th wake up the next morning, after 12 hours sleep and have sex
    5th go back to bed
    6th repeat part 4 and maybe part 1-3 but not at the same time

that's not the worst part...we got attacked by a humongous moth last night and ...... no men to protect us either, only a broom... :eek:

something like this one!

Moth.jpg

• Advertisement

save only creatures from the class Aves but not the from the order lepidoptera?

the hypocrisy of it all.

we didnt kill it but we just had to get it out of the room, the broom being the best solution!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭claireoby

that pic of that moth is scary!!..yucky. :eek:

it's actual size too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

it's actual size too.
    Now I'm not going to sleep tonight. Thank you.

there was another moth attack reported in AH, i think they'r taking over...:(!

we also made good use of the broom stick for playing the Limbo afterwards...

i love limbo, but i'm not as good as that guy in temple bar dressed in leopard print.

i don't know why people find moths so creepy, is it because they get a bit disorientated in artificla light and go crashing about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

i don't know why people find moths so creepy, is it because they get a bit disorientated in artificla light and go crashing about the place.
    No, it's because they're furry.

oh right.

• Advertisement

greetings from Edinburgh all! am enjoying pints of Guinness here for betwen 1.50-2eur (people love the Guinness and the Irish)! visited a torture museam the other day, not very pleasent what they used to do to people either. Visited Scotts monument today after it was suggested to me..

280windy steps, and not designed very well for tall irish girls, very disorienting actually, still a little woozzy... :(

04.jpg

Anyone else in another country? Having fun? Do tell.

Anyone else in another country? Having fun? Do tell.
    Northern Ireland? I live there though so it doesn't really count. And no, not having that much fun.

howdy haunter are you in trinity? i've noticed you posting here. feel free to introduce your self on "who's who".

what part of the north? belfast? i dislike belfast.

howdy haunter are you in trinity? i've noticed you posting here. feel free to introduce your self on "who's who".

what part of the north? belfast? i dislike belfast.
    Yup, Trinity SF (as of two weeks ago) student, from Derry. I'll do the whole intro thread soon.

Sinn Fein?

what course you in?

• Advertisement

Sinn Fein?

what course you in?
    Nope, and English/History. You?

Haunter wrote:
    Nope, and English/History. You?
    He doesn't know yet.

I'm going into JS Science despite what Apex says.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

when do we find out about subjects for js guys (Im aiming this one at kev and apex....)? i know i should know but tbh i dont :D i heard something about them sending us out letters which i thought was kinda weird, but maybe thats right....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

when do we find out about subjects for js guys (Im aiming this one at kev and apex....)? i know i should know but tbh i dont :D i heard something about them sending us out letters which i thought was kinda weird, but maybe thats right....
    is astro phy really popular? i thought it was one of the less popular ones.....(it is astro phy ur planning on doing innit?)

• Advertisement

yeah its actually pretty popular this year. im not worried about getting a place, im sure ill be fine, i was just wondering really :)

I think there's a letter, sent out at the same time as the one that's sent to people that are doing supps that has the 'what's left over for JS' list.

I'm aiming for EP, so although i scrapped through i'm not worried, as there's been places left in experimental physics for supps ppl for the past three years.

ok thanks cuckoo :) some of my friends were asking me about it, for some reason they thought i would know :eek:

you must be the nerd of your group.

you must be the nerd of your group.
    lol

i think its more the class rep thing, but lol didnt see that one coming :rolleyes:

From page 2 of the 'Sophister Choice' booklet:

"Students will be notified by post of their proposed offer of a JS place by end of July 2005".

We should all know soon then.

Wow, there's a lot of ppl heading into JS science on boards - Kev, Apex, Sleepingbeauty, myself - have i left anyone out?

i think its more the class rep thing, but lol didnt see that one coming :rolleyes:
    *cough*nerd*cough*

moi, well i am doing a Bsc

snorlax wrote:
    moi, well i am doing a Bsc
    what are you studying snorlax that youre getting a BSc? i still think its funny im gonna get a BA in physics

• Advertisement
Advertisement