Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Egan - Prat!

Options
  • 05-07-2005 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else see his article in the Sunday Independent magazine last weekend? With him on the cover along with Glenda Gilson, Andrea Roche and Hazel Keneswaren (spelling?)?! Bascally it consisted of photographs of him hanging out of the models in Venice and as for the article, well, i'm not sure what it was about really. Him blowdrying his hair or one of the girls blah blah.
    I can just imagine him coming up with the idea in Lillies one night.
    "Hey Glenda, what you doing next weekend?" Was it just his way of getting a free holiday? I thought he couldn't get any worse, I was wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I agree the article was basically 'I'm here in Venice with these models and everyone's looking at us'...what a ponce...

I like the Sindy but there is some crap in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carraward1

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!Someone tell Barry 'I cant get over myself' Egan to GET OVER HIMSELF.....

He's at it again in todays independant - he cant just write a nice, respectful piece about the death of Dolores O Riordan's father without bringing HIMSELF into it! He writes, 'He looks so peaceful now' Dolores wrote in a text to me shortly after he died on Friday...'

He is without doubt the greatest prat in ireland....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The guy is a butt ugly bone fide dick. I remember one of the first Trips to Tipp a long time ago, where his 'review' consisted of telling how he did a cling on job to Wendy James of Transvision Vamp all night and didn't get laid, obviously. Cringeworthy stuff. The very few articles I've tried to read are just awful 'journalism' and really difficult to make sense of. How he has kept the job so long is mind-boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barry Egan has been blagging free drinks for over 20 years now, shocking that he continues to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Just wandered into this forum and was surprised to see one of my threads from six years ago.

I'm living in England now so don't happen upon the Sindo much. But it's reassuring to know Barry Egan is still an utter knob-head. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

cashback wrote: »
    Did anyone else see his article in the Sunday Independent magazine last weekend? With him on the cover along with Glenda Gilson, Andrea Roche and Hazel Keneswaren (spelling?)?! Bascally it consisted of photographs of him hanging out of the models in Venice and as for the article, well, i'm not sure what it was about really. Him blowdrying his hair or one of the girls blah blah.
    I can just imagine him coming up with the idea in Lillies one night.
    "Hey Glenda, what you doing next weekend?" Was it just his way of getting a free holiday? I thought he couldn't get any worse, I was wrong.

he is a prat, but a highly successful prat. journos have come and gone from the sindo but he has remained. Apparently there are people out there interested in banal details about our so called VIPs.
    he made some of our stars what they are (well Glenda G also had her Fianna Fail connections). what other paper would give them such a vast amount of coverage?

without him the average citizen would not know who Pippa and Brian are.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

read the indo on-line yesterday, saw the first three lines of his article re: the fab imelda may's gig on friday night and the appearance of saint bono ....ugh!...prat is such an understatement - i wouldn't even quote the paragraph as it was utter drivel.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

suzzi wrote: »
    read the indo on-line yesterday, saw the first three lines of his article re: the fab imelda may's gig on friday night and the appearance of saint bono ....ugh!...prat is such an understatement - i wouldn't even quote the paragraph as it was utter drivel.:(

I'm the biggest critic of the **** he puts out, but that was one of his better offerings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Apparently his articles and the trash rags he "writes" for continue to have a certain cachet. :rolleyes: Hey, go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,594 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Fuinseog wrote: »
    journos have come and gone from the sindo but he has remained.

Stretching the description of the average sindo scribbler to its limits there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It is interesting to know that he is on Radio NOVA as well. Probably no one here would care what time is he on at.

Here is one article here that he written about 'Seanie Fitzpatrick'. I must admit it's not a bad piece of news in Seanie's state of mind either.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/k-club-clan-to-host-fitzpatrick-nuptials-2982510.html

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Wicklowleaid

Yup. 13 years later and still being a prat. Just subjected myself to a rambling article about Rex Ryan the ‘actor’. How he gets paid for this ****e I’ll never know.

Advertisement