Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J P Mc Manus Golf Pro Am Catering

Options
  • 05-07-2005 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭

I was down in Adare today and deciced I get a bite to eat in the tented village there.
    All the catering was being provided by the same company and its prices were astronomical.
    A 500ml bottle of a mineral/water was €3
    €5 for a plain burger
    €4 for a small pack of chips
    €6 for a cheese burger.Plain bun with a burger and 1 slice of cheese
    €10 :eek: for a double cheeseburger.
    The Pro Am was a great success but it is sad that the public was ripped off with such sick prices.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

are you sure it was not a private company doing the catering.also the prices would be expensive as mostly millionaires,or thousandaire:D go to these events

• Registered Users Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes it was a private company,some welsh group of thieves.
    I didnt see many millionaires there today bar the pros and a few celebrities and myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It raised €30m according to the news ... and that was from burger sales alone! :D

Double cheeseburgers . now that's unhealthy! Were they tasty?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I had a cheese burger.
    It was nice allright.A bit dry.
    Most of the money raised comes from the charity auction that took place tonight.
    Some guy paid 1.7m euro last time for a round of golf with Tiger Woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The prices are standard enough for large events such as this, thats not to say that it's not a rip off.

I went to the Irish Masters in the K-club lst year adn just brought food with me, it's best thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

its prices were astronomical.
    A 500ml bottle of a mineral/water was €3
    etc
    Reminds me of the prices in Charles De Gaule airport when I was stuck there for 7 hours recently except the bottle of water was a fiver I think, now that was a rip off experience if I've ever had one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

viking wrote:
    Reminds me of the prices in Charles De Gaule airport when I was stuck there for 7 hours recently except the bottle of water was a fiver I think, now that was a rip off experience if I've ever had one.

Get one from the vending machine next time, they're only €2

Advertisement