Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone watching Mad Max on RTE last night?

• 05-07-2005 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

So there I was watching Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome, catching up on a little boardsie culture, when during the final action sequence, just before Pigkiller gets a bolt in the leg, the tape cuts to what looked like an interview on model trains. Some bloody gimp at RTE had taped over the end of the movie! Thankfully it was restored after 10 minutes, when they rigged a DVD player to the broadcast mast and someone else made a legger to Xtravision to grab a copy.

Anyway, it looked like a really interesting interview, anyone know what it was? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I get the feeling they've let transition year work experience students operate the controls of the tapes lately. There appears to be now end to the disasters happening on RTE lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

lol are you serious?? haha i could run RTE for feck sake! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You got to be kidding me?

You'd think with all our money that they'd be able to show a simple movie without screwing it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Genuine, I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

the mad max films have aged horribly imo.
    Worse than any other film i can think of.

lol @ rte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

One thing I noticed about the third Mad Max film was that it had a token midget like most 80's sci-fi/fantasy films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mad max is brilliant, Mad Max 2 and Beyound Thunderdome are absolute visual definitions of crap.

/Lol reminds me of the time my friend got a pirate copy of Scream 3

*puts in tape*

Glenore comes on.

Miley : "Ah now Biddy, the farms not going to-"

*Scream 3 Title appears*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Yeah, whatever eejit at RTE cut off the last half-hour of Beyond the Thunderdome was doin' yez all a favour. The only good Mad Max film was the first one... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I remember a few months back I was just looking forward to what RTÉ had listed as Die Hard 2, only to be welcomed with the first Die Hard...checked aertel what's on now...Die Hard 2.
    Ad break comes on...splash screen: Die Hard 2. I checked the newspapers...editor's choice Die Hard 2.

The movie played out...no mention was made of the mistake.

RTÉ's editing suite must be two clapped out VCRs operated by a troupe of performing monkeys...every cut in any movie they care to show usually either fades out too fast, catches a split second of the next scene, or cuts in at an odd point in the plot. They seem to fair better at normal TV shows, but that's probably only cos the breaks are more or less timed into the show.

RTÉ are consistent in these amateur mistakes; consistently making mistakes rates as incompetence in my book...
    Don't get me started on their scheduling department either...

Advertisement