Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New system, woo!

Options
  • 05-07-2005 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Well, er actually I don't technically have it yet. But just ordered all the parts from Oc'ers.co.uk and Komplett.ie so should have them by the weekend hopefully. Thought I'd just boast about it for a while...
    One thing I'm really looking forward to is the case, I've bought a bunch of red LED's so I'll replace all the blue ones with them - make it look evil.
    Spec's in the sig.

Also, later this year, I'll be adding a second 7800 (even if I don't need it...the first one might get lonely) and a watercooling kit to cool off the Northbridge and the CPU.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Oh lordy thats a tasty rig. Shame about the plastic case though :(

That bad boy should be in a stacker/LiLi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Plastic? It's aluminium, aside from a bit of plastic. But I really like the look of it, and couldn't find anything else that I liked. Lian-Li's didn't suit my taste at all, and the stacker just seemed too big and fat.
    So that's that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

great taste ...nice rig ...it will be nice to see the scores you get in 3dmard05 from the 7800gtx...ive got the fx55 and ive a asus a8n sli aswell as my dfi sli d ....but ive only got 2 small little baby 6800gt's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

you *only* have 2 6800's?
    sheesh
    /me wanders off and strokes 9600

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Very sweet rig. Case is the only thing I wouldn't want.

Overall it should be a great system! Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

nemesiselitebk.jpg

is nicer than

b_vc_v1200.gif

????

Ur gonna need a bigger case if u plan to watercool the lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's Stacker Time

<cue Hammer theme>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Sweet system except like the rest....the case but thats a personal choice.
    Is it about the same size as a sonata? Looks a little like it internally
    EDIT:
    Lianli_V1100silver.jpg
    Me likes ^^^

The reason I went for that case, was mainly that I wanted something different. I know it's not as good as a few of the Coolermasters or a Lian-Li, but I like it, and I'm replacing all the stock fans with silent ones, plus they're all 120mm.
    But just imagine all the blue lights/LEDs on it replaced with red ones (which is what I'm doing) - it'll look EVIL! Er..hopefully..

Should cue in with Part 2 of the Evil Plan.

Out of curiosity, what case's would ya'll have gone for? Aside from the Stacker Syxpak...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Silverstone tj-6, stacker, centurion, sonata, p180 (if you can get it). lots of nice cases around, pity they cost money

• Advertisement

Yeah but in my opinion, they all look just a bit too bland. I guess I'm more attracted to shiny things with lots of sparkle. Granted the Nemesis may be a tiny bit gimicky but I still like it. And as jozi said, it's about personal preference. Plus the evilness. It's all about evilness...

Although my devious system for next year might well have to go into a Stacker, everything should just fit in there :)

Advertisement