Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive Kicking!

Options
  • 05-07-2005 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else been kicked in BF2 for no reason? I've been kicked 3 times and and p1ssed off that there is no way of finding out why or appealling the kick. The last time I was kicked, I had spawned at the wrong point on the other side of the battlefield. I had spent about 4-5 minutes running to where the combat was. And then I was kicked off!!! The message on the screen said it was by an admin, a vote or for a team killing! I had had a particularly unsuccesfull turn on the game and hadn't even killed anyone, yet I was still kicked! Anyone else suffer from this?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

when you get killed for teamkilling, it isn't displayed to you, you just get kicked. In some servers, if you lay a mine an blow up an APC with 3 people in it then you may get banned for 10 minutes for team killing for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Well if it was a clan server you may have been kicked due to the server being full and some clan members wanting to enter automaticlly take privlige over normal players. It sucks but what ya goin to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sadly, neither of those conditions apply. The server that I was kicked on was only half full, even after I was kicked. And I was a medic, so I had no mines layed! It really freaks me out! I've been playing these multiplayer FPS for ages and to be kicked for (what seems to be) no reason really bugs me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I was playing on server for about 2-3hrs and doing quite well then all of a sudden for no apparent reason i was kicked and given the same message you were. I figured out afterwards that it was probably for tking because apparently you carry over your tks indefintely from previous rounds. So if your on the same server for a while and even only getting 1 tk a round you'll eventually be kicked and banned for 10mins or the rest of the round.

As far as i'm aware there is a problem at the moment that admins have no decent control over their servers and are waiting for some proper admin tools or mods. Once this is sorted out they can start to regulate the teamkill consequences/conditions more effectively and fairly. For now though we'll have to put up with the default settings which like a lot of the features of bf2 dont seem to be thought through fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, I'm positive it's not fo team killings, but I know what you mean about the default settings. Can't wait till they start patching all the faults with this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Yep this seems to be a bit of an issue with a good few people.
    Or it may be that you are just crap and are playing on some clan's servers, and they dont want you on. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Could be your getting into planes and using them to crash into choppers!! as I mentioned in other threads I would kick you and alot of clan server would as well.......maybe something to look into!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

err, such was a perfectly valid tactic in nam, i don't see why bf2 should be any different.......

Serenity wrote:
    err, such was a perfectly valid tactic in nam, i don't see why bf2 should be any different.......

Not on any server or clan match I ever played in!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What make it "valid" in Nam? When ever someone does it to me it just pisses me off. Feelss like a waste, and a cheap kill.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    What make it "valid" in Nam? When ever someone does it to me it just pisses me off. Feelss like a waste, and a cheap kill.

Exactly and most people I have seen on server will apologize and if someone does it and says nothing I have seen a few choice words been used to describe them!!!

Happened to me yesterday on UK server where i was flying and next thing guy was coming straight at me....I banked left to get out of way but he went the same way so it was head first.....2 sorry's a few lmao and off we went again for the honour of "King of the Sky!"

Hate when your in a chopper and some guy in plane just goes head first into you just to kill you! pointless!! no fun in that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I've seen it done in several clan matches for nam, because its an effective way to take out choppers.... I don't see why its a waste? if you do it early in map killing a chopper full of the enemy seems like a reasonable result for the sacrafice.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

seen it done in many many clan matches, done it in many many clan matches :)

nothing beat taking down a full mi8 on hastings.

Advertisement