Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least favourite character

Options
  • 05-07-2005 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

Enough with the best characters, Who's the worst? Needless to say I'm not including X-2 in my decision for obvious reasons that are more than self explanatory.

I really disliked Zell and especially Eiko, so annoying and Zell was as cheesy as the day is long.

I also disliked Amarant, not because of him but the lack of development he received throughout the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

thats a tough one. theres none i really hate, just some i dislike more than others.
    stiener would be my example.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Needless to say the 3 girls from FFX-2.

The rest would have to be most of the cast from FFVIII

Selphie: An annoying little bimbo twerp. If there was voice acting in FFVIII she would be voiced by Tara Strong with her really high pitched squeaky powerpuff girls voice.
    Squall: Lone wolf? Ignorant twat more like.
    Zell: An unlikeable idiot and as some mentioned, had a whiff of cheddar about him.
    Irvine: 'I'm so moody'. No you're not, you're boring.
    Probably only liked Quistis and her developement disipated after the first 3 hours.

Edward form FFIV was a total pansy.

I actually liked the FFIX characters. Thought they were fun and didn't try to artifically cool like in FFVIII

Rikku in FFX annoyed me at first but I grew to like her.

I'll also never forgive Yuffie for messing up the materia I have equipped on everyone everytime I play FFVII.

And Sephiroth for being evil :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Oh , a thread with a twist , me likes :)
    But does it have to be a playable character because I basicly hate all the bad for being so mean :D

But seriously , The guy in 7 that went huh fwa fwah or something like that when he laughed really got to me.

Probably for a playable character it would have to cloud.

Kidding , Nah but I did find Cat Sith annoying and I never really used him in my team apart from when I was made to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Needless to say the 3 girls from FFX-2.

The rest would have to be most of the cast from FFVIII

Selphie: An annoying little bimbo twerp. If there was voice acting in FFVIII she would be voiced by Tara Strong with her really high pitched squeaky powerpuff girls voice.
    Squall: Lone wolf? Ignorant twat more like.
    Zell: An unlikeable idiot and as some mentioned, had a whiff of cheddar about him.
    Irvine: 'I'm so moody'. No you're not, you're boring.
    Probably only liked Quistis and her developement disipated after the first 3 hours.

Edward form FFIV was a total pansy.

I actually liked the FFIX characters. Thought they were fun and didn't try to artifically cool like in FFVIII

Rikku in FFX annoyed me at first but I grew to like her.

I'll also never forgive Yuffie for messing up the materia I have equipped on everyone everytime I play FFVII.

And Sephiroth for being evil :D

I have a few bones to pick with you my good man. :D

I loved Edgar, "If something were to happen to me, all the world's women would grieve!" I definately found him to be amongst the more likeable characters in the game.

I wasn't too mad on the IX characters tbh, I felt they were quite a weak part of the game although my main grievance probably lies with the fact that they weren't developed to my satisfaction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wasn't saying anything bad about Edgar from FFVI. I liked him as well. It was Edward from FFIV the 'moan-a-minute' about the girlfriend, harp playing bard pansy.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I wasn't saying anything bad about Edgar from FFVI. I liked him as well. It was Edward from FFIV the 'moan-a-minute' about the girlfriend, harp playing bard pansy.

Ah yes the "spoony bard" as Tellah put it. My mistake, once again my failure to read properly has led to my demise and has had the result of me looking foolish on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Irvine... and perhaps Rinoa

I surprisingly liked Selphie's character... certainly a touch lighter than Squall's PMS'ing

grimloch wrote:
    Ah yes the "spoony bard" as Tellah put it.

I like the way Squaresoft kept that line in the retranslation for the PS1 compilations :D

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I like the way Squaresoft kept that line in the retranslation for the PS1 compilations :D

I've been led to believe "spoony bard" was actually a correct phrase contrary to popular belief. I think "spoony" means a pansy/wimp or something along those lines. Definately one of my top quotes in all the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

as annoying goes, no-one can beat Steiner - FFVI [ such a bellend ]

some others include :

Irvine - FFVIII [ such a self loving muppet ]
    Eiko - FFIX [ just didn't do enough to make an impression ]
    Cait Sith - FFVII
    Shinra scum i hate u
    Zell - FFVIII [ idiotic moron, or a cry baby as Seifer called him :) ]
    Seifer - FFXIII [ knob ]
    Selphie - FFVIII [ too much of a hippy chick , constantly on some type of buzz i think ]
    Vincent - FFVII < see Irvine above >
    all FFX-2 chars in that game , Yuna and Rikku in FFX were quite nice.

As for Sephiroth , i liked him , as did i like Squall and Quistis for maybe the first disc. Edgar is pretty decent, but i liked Yeti from VI more than Amarant from IX, thats how much i like Amarant :P

P.S. how do you guys/girls pronounce Seifer , is it " seffer " or as i say it " syfer " ??

• Advertisement

Zell - FFVIII [ idiotic moron, or a cry baby as Seifer called him :)
    'Chicken-Wuss' was the name that inspired Zells foolish arm wagging, moron

P.S. how do you guys/girls pronounce Seifer , is it " seffer " or as i say it " syfer " ??

Oddly enough was thinking about this when I was very very bored in work. I've always pronounced it "say-fer" or "syfer", a hard thing to tell I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've always thought of him as Keifer Sutherland, and so pronounce it like Keifer but with an S.

Crucifix wrote:
    I've always thought of him as Keifer Sutherland, and so pronounce it like Keifer but with an S.
    Ditto, these alternate pronunciations are quite common, Quistis (key-stees/kwis-tees) etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

as annoying goes, no-one can beat Steiner - FFVI [ such a bellend ]

eek.. just looking through this again and realised i put FFVI instead of FFIX for Steiner...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Definitely Yuffie from Final Fantasy VII. Bloody thief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marth

Tidus was the worst one ever.
    wakka was next on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

Wakka and zell (ff8) were horrible characters, but they were pretty much the same. Also irvine from ff8 was kind of annoying with his cowboy hat and khaki trenchcoat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Zell from ff8, he was annoying and mostly pointless. I didn't like most of the ff8 lot, they didn't interest me that much or seem to have that much personality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

Wakka. I repeat: Wakka! I hated that guy! Oh and Barret and Kimahri too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stimulant

Cronus333 wrote:
    Wakka. I repeat: Wakka! I hated that guy! Oh and Barret and Kimahri too.

How could you dislike Barret!! He was the character that gelled the whole avalanche team togeather and gave the story a heart also providing comic relief.

Squall by far is the most dislikeable character.Bit of a flaw since he was the leading character.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm didn't really dislike any tbh....just how crappy there skills were....

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Cait Sith was always my favourite... Always found it funny to watch him clobbering enemies with that obese mog of his.

As for dislikes...

Well, funnily enough, I hated using Tifa in FFVII... Not that I disliked her character or what not, just hated having to use her in battles. Only watched my mate play FFVIII for a bit, so can't really judge on that one... As for the rest, never played them, or even seen them...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Rikku Rikku & Rikku

(except for her hyper mighty g bit)

most annoying voice (Tara Strong... die for the love of god and stop appearing in RPGs, shes also in tales of symphonia ya c), most annoying character with dumb ass things to say

then she goes on to do FFX-2, this is the computer game equivilent to Drew Barrymoore and Charlies Angels 2 - Full Throttle

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

wow, readin this thread just made me realise how much i dislike some FF characters!!!

for instance seymour, that guado prat!!!

how come no one else mentioned him?!?
    yeah then theres:
    heidegger
    yuffie
    cait sith
    zell
    selphie
    tidus
    yuna
    wakka

theres quite a few more but i'll stop there...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Cait Sith was terrible, real boring. Couldnt stand Yuffie half the time either.:eek:
    I thought Zell was great, couldnt see how you dislike him:)
    Would also half to go with Freya from FF9, along with Aramant Coral, and Eiko

I think FF9 had the least likeable characters, with 7 having the best of course

Can't disagree with you more about FFIX. I thought the story was very weak but the excellent likeable characters made up for it. I liked them all except maybe amarant but only because there was no attempt to build on his character. I especially liked freya but probably because I love the dragon knight class.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Switchead wrote:
    wow, readin this thread just made me realise how much i dislike some FF characters!!!

for instance seymour, that guado prat!!!

how come no one else mentioned him?!?
    yeah then theres:
    heidegger
    yuffie
    cait sith
    zell
    selphie
    tidus
    yuna
    wakka

theres quite a few more but i'll stop there...:D

Heidegger was brilliant! One of my favourite minor characters. When he kicks the Shinra sailor into the sea at the Costa Del Sol harbour, legend! :D

He did have a bit of an annoying santa claus complex. 'Hohohoho'. Or maybe he just liked his gansta rap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

hahaha:)

Advertisement