Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least favourite character

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

He does share some striking similarities with Santa now that you mention it...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

I'm surprised only 2 or so people mentioned Tidus. I like him though, he means well (aw bless! :P)
    Rikku was annoying at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

i hated wakka and tidus in X, zidane, dagger, amarant, steiner and that weird thing whose name i can't remember (quina possibly?) in IX, zell and seifer (which i pronounce seff-ere) from VIII and cait sith, cid, barret, aeris and vincent from VII. I've only played the rest as emulators on my pc and don't know which one is which because of the whole american and japenese versions having different numbers thingy.

even though he was a whinging bitch, i actually liked squall and loved selphie (her "the end" limit break is awesome!) i also had a soft spot for yuffie in VII.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

odhran wrote:
    i hated wakka and tidus in X, zidane, dagger, amarant, steiner and that weird thing whose name i can't remember (quina possibly?) in IX, zell and seifer (which i pronounce seff-ere) from VIII and cait sith, cid, barret, aeris and vincent from VII. I've only played the rest as emulators on my pc and don't know which one is which because of the whole american and japenese versions having different numbers thingy.

even though he was a whinging bitch, i actually liked squall and loved selphie (her "the end" limit break is awesome!) i also had a soft spot for yuffie in VII.

Come on you have to be trolling. You're like the complete oposite of me. Yuffie and Squall are my most hated FF characters and Yuffies the end limit breaker is hilariously bad (although for killing things it's the best). And how could you not like Aeris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wakka was cool tidus annoying at times. Squall totally pissed me off, always moody. Anyone from FF9 pissed me off.

• Advertisement

it ws selphie's the end limit break, not yuffie's (if i remember correctly, her ultimate limit break was all creation). the end kicked ass- it worked on bosses, which most of those super kill 'em all moves (yes, that is their offical name) don't do and it takes off loads of damage. it's really no surprise that i like yuffie, selphie and rikku- they are essentially the same character after all. as for aeris, i knew she was gonna die before i ever played the game, so i never really had any time for her and don't understand why people waste time using her. apart from that, she just kinda bugs me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I meant to say selphie. And the end does suck. It is ridiculous how powerful it is and it looks ridiculous. The monster ends up in a field and then 'The End' appears. It has to be the biggest WTF moment in a videogame ever.

I don't like Selphie because she is a really annoying shallow character. I hate the happy hyper active girl that seems to be in most RPGs and selphie is the worst of them. I projectile vomit everytime she says she likes trains. I didn't mind Yuffie or Rikku. However I really hate the girls in FFX-2, especially Yuna who they changes completely. It's like a more annoying charlies angels. And the 2 charlies angels films are two of the worst films I've ever seen.

what do you mean "ridiculous"? Lots of limit braks are extremely powerful- like lionheart, for example, or cloud's one in VII- omnislash, maybe? i like the randomness of selphie..... and trains do rock!

It looked ridiculous. I nearly wet myself laughing at it. I was like, this is the most powerful attack in the game and it looks so silly.

It's ridiculously powerful that it kills any enemy, even the last boss in one strike. It's like when I first beat the last boss of FFX I did it with an unintentional one hit kill attack from Yojimbo. Was disappointed with the boss fight I went back and finished it properly.

As for trains, each to their own. They are better than buses anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I projectile vomit everytime she says she likes trains.

now thats the funniest thing i've read in these forums yet. :D

as for most hated character...hated seymour, but just cause he wouldnt leave me alone!!! and never really liked selphie or irvine...and zell and squall could be annoying at times.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote:
    hated seymour, but just cause he wouldnt leave me alone!!!

Seymour seemed like a lecherous old pervert that was trying to get his rocks off with Yuna. He creeped me out in that way. Was glad he never got his rashers from Yuna.

I guess the end was really random... that's probably why I like it though. But come on, look at X. Once Yuna's attack is raised to maximum, she kills the vast majority of fiends with one little tap of her staff. Wakka's blitzball is even more absurd, and Lulu's little cactuar thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i dont think wakka could suck more if he tried ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'd have to go with Selphie and the train fetish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Deoxys

I HATE Aeris And Eiko because in VII Aeris cant just except that cloud is more into Tifa And in IX Eiko is a six year old girl who is obsessed with Zidane who is 16 and fancies the ass of Garnet That just annoys Me!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Retr0gamer wrote:
    And Sephiroth for being evil :D

uh...he was the best FF character ever!

my list of characters i dislike/hate:

Zidane
    Steinberg
    Selphie
    Zell
    Tidus
    Eiko
    Rikku
    Wakka
    Zorn
    Thorn
    Queen Brahm
    Pretty much the rest of FF IX

Yup...there sure are some annoying characters in FF...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

Yuffi
    Rikku
    & that leoperus bandy bast*rd in FFVI that can only use enemy skills... Cant remember his name.

ah but if you got enough decent skills for Gau and learned the good ones it was like getting free spells. Great character for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 miss_cheif

Paine from X-2 she was definelty a pain in the ass for me. What was the actual point in introducing a new character, her presence in the game was pointless. You could have easily written her out and still have the storyline intact.

As well I'm not particularly fond of Aeris from VII either her capablities are near to nothing and you have to save her all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

im glad no one said Vivi, because he was the best charcter ever. something that made him so class.
    i hated Zorn and Thorn, those stupid b*****ds. aw they were the most annoying thing about ff9. worst characters ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Zorn and Thorn were easily the most annoying thing about ff9, Rubbish. Not as bad as squall though, or wakka with his persistence in saying ya at the end of every sentence. Big big ejeit in my book. As for zell ........................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Probably Eiko, she comes to mind straight away.
    A lot of people seem anti Zell. I liked him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i only liked Wakka after i found out John DiMaggio did his voice.

Advertisement