Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weezer - The point - August

• 06-07-2005 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

In the Irish Times today, Weezer play the Point on August 24th (I think), tickets on sale on Friday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There was some talk of this in the other Weezer thread but it probably does need its own. Just to recap this clashes with Franz Ferdinand, Scissor Sisters and Maroon 5 and regardless of what you think of the merit of these bands it will probably be some competition for them. Not to mention its slap bang in gig valley in the calendar. With The Pixies before them and the Electric Picnic 10 days later. Hopefully they fill the Point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I was at Vicar Street and thought it was great, but It seems kinda wierd to play a city twice on the same tour in different venues and months apart? Im a huge fan but Im not too sure if im gonna go because there is loads other concerts begging for my money.....

s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

sadly, i'll be on a different continent then.
    im glad i saw them in vicar street tho, you'll probably never see them that close and intimate again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

Weezer confirm Dublin date

Weezer have confirmed that they will play at Dublin’s Point Theatre on August 24. It will be only the second gig that the Los Angeles punk-poppers have played in Ireland. They made their debut at Vicar Street in June, as part of the Bud Rising Music Festival. The concert sold out in just one minute. Weezer exploded onto the scene over a decade ago, with the release of their double-platinum self-titled debut album in 1994. They have released four albums since then, including this year’s Make Believe. The concert will be a great opportunity to hear classics like ‘Buddy Holly’ and ‘Only In Dreams’ in the live setting. Tickets for the gig go on sale at 9am on Friday July 8, priced €38.50 (including booking fee).

www.weezer.com

Thanks frank..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Teh_Fox

they don't have snowball's chance in hell of selling out the point!

They only played the Vicar Street gig to see what the demand was like here.

Personally I'm glad to have seen them there when there was only something like 700 people in the crowd. It kicked ass.

But I dunno about this point thing.......they'er not really a big venue kinda band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Teh_Fox wrote:
    they don't have snowball's chance in hell of selling out the point!
    They sold out the 1000 capacity Vicar St in under 20 minutes. Admittedly a few of the tickets were held back and released closer to the gig, but these sold out equally fast. They will easily sell out the Point

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they will sell out the point but not as fast as vicar street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

it will take 4 hours.

I used this formula

1000 tickets = 30 mins x 8 = 4hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

did the greenday gig sell out the point?

something tells me it didnt, but mabye im wrong.

Greenday did the same thing last year, played the ambassador, then the point a few months later.

• Advertisement

Green Day sold it out, but they also had a song on every radio station all day everyday. "We Are All On Drugs" probably won't get that much play here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Ciaran* wrote:
    it will take 4 hours.

I used this formula

1000 tickets = 30 mins x 8 = 4hrs.
    Might have to revise that, apparently the figure I heard was wrong
    [font=arial, verdana, monospace]Point Theatre, Dublin – 24 August 2005 [/font]

[font=arial, verdana, monospace]Weezer have just confirmed that they will return to Ireland for only the second time ever to play the Point Theatre, Dublin on 24 August 2005. Tickets will be available from Friday 1 July at 09:00.[/font]

[font=arial, verdana, monospace]Weezer's debut Irish show at Vicar Street, Dublin in June as part of Bud Rising sold out in just one minute, the fastest selling act of this years Bud Rising festival.[/font]

[font=arial, verdana, monospace]Weezer's self-titled debut album was released on 10 May 1994, and was a hit from the start. They released three singles from Weezer; Undone - The Sweater Song, Buddy Holly, and Say It Ain't So. The album went double platinum.[/font]

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

one minute is the pretend figure, I bought my tickets at 8:35am. they were the last two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Don't think I'll be going. Saw them in Vicar Street, and I think to follow a show like that by playing the Point would just result in lots of disappointment.

Don't think I'll be going. Saw them in Vicar Street, and I think to follow a show like that by playing the Point would just result in lots of disappointment.

My feelings exactly......... but it might be hard to resist because they are so good live!

S.

what a silly reason.

I think El Scorcho has been put into the setlist for the 2nd part of the tour. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Sold! Went to see them in vicar st. Totally feckin' sweet. Got thrown onto the stage n' all! I wouldn't mind splashing out to see them again, tell ya that for nothin.

Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if el scorhco is being played then i'm 100% there.

i also heard that they brought in "Fall Together" and Scott sang it to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Well I have got my ticket anyway - cant wait....

Advertisement