Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More big roster cuts huh.......

• 06-07-2005 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Maven and Jindrak gone! :rolleyes:

I won't sleep tonight :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They've let go of alot of talented wrestlers as well:

Akio
    Shannon Moore
    Billy Kidman

Those three had talent and Moore and Akio weren't given a real chance in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Akio
    Shannon Moore
    Billy Kidman

Those three had talent and Moore and Akio weren't given a real chance in my opinion.

OMG

Thought those three were great CWs. Shame about that. What are WWE up to :confused:. They'd probably fire Paul London as well only he is the champion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What was the point of trading Jindrak then? I felt that Maven was onto something a few months ago, but then they had Shelton beat him cleanly 2 or 3 times, pointless. Kidman apparently has been getting injured a lot lately, but he could still have worked well in the cruiserweight division, along with Akio. I guess we can drop our hopes of WWE making that division entertaining..

As for Shannon Moore..I'm severely pissed off. IwW should definately get him over here as soon as they can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Spike, Gangrel and Mordecai are gone too...

Jinrak's been on borrowed time for so long now, i guess even being Randy Orton's best mate could'nt make up for him being useless in the end.

The rumours are Kidman should retire befoe he does himself permanent damage ( i know if it was me i'd be happy staying at home doing the housework and having Torrie's dinner ready for when she gets home)
    Great talent in his day though, bit like RVD in that WWE never really knew what to do with him.

Akio - very underused, TNA bound i would say...

Liked Maven for a while after Tough Enough, he had something about his image that could have worked but he just has'nt developed in the ring, that IC match with Shelton on a PPV a while back really showed him up.

Spike was always fun with Bubba and D-von, and him and Tazz as tag champs worked for me somehow as well, but struggled on his own. A well known name that will be missed though.

Gangrel - his return was never gonna last long was it? Still suprised him and Vis got new contracts, but at least Vis has gotten something out of it.

Mordacai - so much for the brushing up of his character at OVW, than a big return/feud with the Deadman. He was also supposed top tem up with Tomko at some point aswell was'nt he? Guess we'll never know...

WWE have really dropped the ball here, but maybe we could see the little MF'er reunited with V1 at TNA...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

D-FENS wrote:

WWE have really dropped the ball here,

I'd almost agree with you there, but we dont know if these guys jumped, or were shoved. Remember the indignance when Molly Holly was released, and it turned out that she asked for such. Likewise with Luther Reigns.

However, I honestly thought that witht he recruitment of The Mexicools, that the CW division would be re-invigorated. With these relases it seems not, though there is still London, the pending debut of Kazarian, and Im sure there are one or two others..who knows?

The big release IMO is Maven. I disagree with the assertion above that he stagnated. I felt he was beginning to go places as a heel.....but what do i know?

Also, I thought Fertig (Mordecai) was going to be brought back, or Tomko put down to OVW for a bit again, to re-establish the Disciples Of Synn tag team.

As for Akio, Im not surprised. He is a talent, but always underused.

Spike. Well I felt he was doing great work with the Dudleys. Pity he is gone.

Jindrak. meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Akio
    Shannon Moore
    Billy Kidman

I agree that they were never really given a chance, they only ever really wrestled on Velocity against London, Chavo or Orlando Jordan week after week!

Quite shocked about Kidman although there were rumours of him retiring.

Jindrak- What was the point of trading him to Raw!?! Thought he might of gotten a push on Raw!

I though Maven was quite good, the only Tough Enough contestant left in the WWE now seems to be Miss Jackie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

WTF!!! Just read an updated list! Here it is for those who havnt read it.

Matt Morgan
    Charlie Haas
    Jackie Gayda
    Marty Jannetty
    Dawn Marie
    Mark Jindrak
    Maven
    Shannon Moore
    James Yun (Akio)
    David Heath (Gangrel)
    Billy Kidman
    Spike Dudley
    Kevin Fertig
    Bubba Dudley
    DVon Dudley

Charlie Haas!? What were they thinking? The Dudleys? Big loss! All these are only TNA's gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus.

Why Haas?

Why promote Morgan from OVW and then release him a few weeks later?

Why bring Jannetty back, and release him without really using him?

Dawn Marie is pregnant. I wonder has this anything to do with it.

The Dudleys gone? (though no mention of that on wwe.com)

Very very odd.

According to a few gossip sites, we are to expect 8-10 more. Jannetty was let go last week supposedly!

Who else is to go? Scotty? Torrie? Hogan :D ?

The Dudleys are gone? What a joke! Proof that the WWE don't give a damn about the tag team division.

They don't see a future for Haas? Hate to say I told you so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

^ Less of your gloating....

It says eight to ten more cuts are predicted. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Scotty and Nunzio may get the chop. Maybe Hardcore Holly. Hopefully Kenzo and Hiroko.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

Cant believe Matt Morgan is gone, thought he had a big future of he lost the stammer! he F5'd the BIG SHOW!

And Billy Kidman gone? not a fan as a wrestler, but he is married to Torrie, and NONE of us want her gone!

Brow wrote:
    ^ Less of your gloating....

:D
    Brow wrote:
    It says eight to ten more cuts are predicted. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Scotty and Nunzio may get the chop. Maybe Hardcore Holly. Hopefully Kenzo and Hiroko.

Hmm good question. I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria goes since most of the women wrestlers have been released. Maybe Val Venis. The Heart Throbs could be shown the door judging by the way the tag division is. Sylvian Grenier perhaps as well.

It will be interesting to see and, dare I say it, Tomko could be shown the door! :eek:

Brow wrote:
    Hopefully Kenzo and Hiroko.

Kenzo is the latest to be cut so I hear. No word yet on Hiroko but she's unlikely to stay seeing as she's his wife.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fekin hell,.. they got rid of the dudleys, like wtf :mad:

really stupid move that... also Haas was quite good

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It looks like Brock Lesnar is coming back to WWE, theres breaking news on the wwe.com that he is now meeting with wwe officials.

perhaps all these firings are to make way for lesnar's larger than life weekly wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

did someone post that Tomko is gone too???

antifyre wrote:
    did someone post that Tomko is gone too???

Tomko hasn't been released...yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Yeah, Kenzo and Hirohoko are gone too. Anyone going to miss them?

Advertisement