Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BluBambu

Options
  • 06-07-2005 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Anyone else find it as headwrecking as I do??

They pack people in like sardines,my buddies and I felt so claustraphobic in there Sat nite we had to leave.

Music was grand-typical Cork clubbing fare, but the clientele are just a weird bunch.

Twas Like a teenage disco gone mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

haven't gone there, but I live just around the corner on Mardyke Parade, well Holy God, some of the skirts I've seen go in there. I'm glad I'm getting old and fuggetty in my old age. I can't handle that level of flesh exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

hmmmm...... Im afraid that because the choice for 18-21 year olds is limited to club one, mangans, fast eddies or blu bambu, its going to stay like that(ie.teenagers going there) in blu bambu,
    BUT on the other hand, its quite big and there are parts 'sectioned off' almost, with their own bar, where you can have a good night without mixing with the teenyboppers...??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I have a webcam here available for loansies dudara.

dahamsta wrote:
    I have a webcam here available for loansies dudara.

you opportunistic voyeur you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,690 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So do people actually call it BluBambu? I cant imagine ever calling it anything other then fx, even when they did that breif change to Gassworks ( couldn't have picked a gayer name if they tried!...unless they called it club gay..) and everyone still just called it fx so they changed back. I've a lot of good memories from that place though, think i've grown out of it now. what is the place to go now for 20 - 25's? Generally end up goin to One whenever we bother clubbin (at least clubbin outside the metal nite in the cruiscin every second friday), hate eddies, hate mangins, hate rafterz, cubins is only alright but then i've never been there on a night i've actually remembered so not too sure.. never been to Works for anything other then dirty - whats it like other nites? Savoy tends to be a bit dear, tho haven't been there since reopened. Generally latebars seem to have a current grip on my soul it seems. hmm apparantly im getting old and are no longer "with it" anymore. Although i am still hip. Im so hip i cant even see over my pelvis! ...ill go now..

• Advertisement

Never mind FX, I remember the Keg and the Grapevine!

aye, remember them too. Keg was the best actually, just to prop onesself up at the bar and get hammered. If you went straight for their cloakroom instead of FX one was never a Q too. Remember the Planet Of Sound nite there? think was fridays..that was kinda good..sigh..

It wasn't a bad replacement for Henry's for a while. I miss Freakscene and Planet of Sound. There are no real nights like those anymore. I think a lot of the deal was the charm of Henry's.

Has anyone been to "Dirty"? On thursdays I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dudara wrote:
    I miss Freakscene and Planet of Sound.

*sigh* dont we all...

After this glowing report on Blu Bambu I may just have to go in there to check it out (read: perv). Time to shine up those black shoes to a truly unhealthy level.

Been to dirty a good few times. actually loads, cheapest and best thurs nite experience. well they just allow you to be stupid and drunk really. Anyway yea it was good. yes, i said was. Its gone now. Forever. :-( Wasn't doing well enough to satisfy the club and so has been axed. was a big blowout a few weeks back, but i missed it. I hear GoldSounds in the Whiterooms is meant to be good, friday nights. Am actualy heading to freakscene tonight for1st time in ages for a going away party and i dread to thin what youngies/gothies ill find there what with them being free of school and infesting our fair city. Have you seen them in the peace park?!? Warmest day ever and these tools sitting there in their full length leather jackets being depressed at the world, and their parents for limiting them to a Punto for christmas. its like, hey guy y'know i understand you're making a statement, y'know, but like, thats just unpractical clothing like, man.

• Advertisement

rymus wrote:
    *sigh* dont we all...

After this glowing report on Blu Bambu I may just have to go in there to check it out (read: perv). Time to shine up those black shoes to a truly unhealthy level.

Don't forget the Ben Sherman, and hair gel

I'll be watching you...

dudara wrote:
    Don't forget the Ben Sherman, and hair gel

I may be sociopsychotically unhinged but I'm not about to resort to either of the above to aid my knee squeezing effort.

Well, hungover at work now, freakscene actually wasn't bad. Obviously nothing compared to way it used to be in savoy and henry's but was better then i was expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Blubambu. Went there saturday night, expecting (for some odd reason) something different. OInstead it was your usual generic 'clubbing' fare.

Its very big and 'stylish', typically flavour of the month type place, so give it a few months before half the place will be cordoned off on a Saturday night because they arent getting the crowds.

On the plus side it was quite reasonable at only €10 in, and jugs of cocktail €13.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Barstewards refused me the last time I went. First time I've been refused entry in Cork :mad:

why had I thought it was a pub of sorts and not the kind of place that rapes you through the wallet for just wanting to go in there... Hmmmph, I'll be crossing that one off my pub review list methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

We should start pub review threads or something. Something informal, but formal at the same time.

It would give me an excuse to drink somewhere different now and then. Then again, in my normal clothes, I'd be refused in half the pubs :)

Happily they are the half I don't want to go to. So it's all good really ;)

Old rymus there has already reviewed tons of them, all in the name of research obviusly.

http://www.munsterpubs.com/

adam

*hic* obviousably

• Advertisement

Honest yer honour, I was under the affluence of incohol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Isnt there a new Rate Your Pub type website around now? They were talking about in on Red FM the toher night, but can remember the address for the life of me.

if there is... I aint heard of it. If you fancy rating your pub, write up a couple of paragraphs and send it to me for inclusion on the site.

Advertisement