Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your first PC?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Cremo wrote:
    mine i think was an AST 486 i don't remember anything else about it really except it played prince of persia and a sweet tank game called tank wars which i can't find any info on

believe it or not, I still have a copy of tank wars hanging about somewhere, twas a sweet game alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

First proper pc was a 386 25MHz with Win3.11 ... although this was in 1996... a tad behind the times, but twas the best I could afford as a poor school kid.

LOL, I didnt get the IBM PS-2 until 2000!

basic was pretty cool on the XL. Used to wreck my head the way most people assumed they were just consoles though. Some studios are still using ST's!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

First I got was a Zenith Laptop zfl181.gif floppy used to pop up

ZENITH LAPTOP, CPU 80C88 8MHZ or 4.7MHZ, 640KB RAM, ONE 720KB FLOPPY and a hard drive, DISK DRIVES SERIAL 25PIN, PRINTER PORT, EXTERNAL CGA VIDEO PORT, LCD, CGA VIDEO, MODEM 2400 B, WEIGHT 12 LBS.

First PC I made for my self 386XS, 4 256KB simms , 40MB HDD that wouldn't boot unless you tapped it ( stiction ) and a mono monitor on a composite CGA output, was ages before I got a case for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

1st Logabax LX-500
    2nd Thomson MO5.
    3rd Thomson TO7
    4th Amstrad CPC464 (40min to load a game from tape with the irritating noise)

and then the x86 series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I have an 8086, it was made my AMD under licence from intel, does anyone know if these are a collectors item yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Sinclair ZX SPECTRUM
    SPEED 3.5 MHz
    RAM 16k
    ROM 16k

it was the best thing since sliced pan when i got it :D might still have it up in the attic somewhere..

Advertisement