Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storyline Game??

Options
  • 06-07-2005 2:44am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭

can someone recommend a good game, thats either out recently, or is coming out soon, that has a decent storyline? after a few months of MMO's i need a a game with a good storyline.

i've heard advent rising is supposed to be good, but cant seem to find an accurate release date for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Tempest 2000 for the Atari Jaguar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LOL :D

Get yourself FFX if you have a PS2. Really fantastic storyline.

Can't think of much else on the PC other than the 2 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I agree completely... And what a cliff hanger ending, eh?

I really wish I had a Nuon so I could play Tempest 3000 to find out what happens next....

"Television is the retina of the minds eye"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Llamatron is another recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i still think the storyline to silent hill 2 is one of the best in a game ever

• Advertisement

I'd take the story from Rez over Silent Hill 2 any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Brock wrote:
    Yeah. The Silent Hill games are on the PC as well.

And if you look in the Play.com sale at the moment they have stuff like Obscure going for a really cheap price.

I got Vampire the Masquerade pretty cheap in that sale too... haven't had time to try it out yet... it looks like it has a storyline... I don't know if it's any good yet though.

You could also try getting your self that SCUMM emulator that lets you play all the old Lucas Arts games. Last year I was able to play through the Monkey Island games, Day of the Tenticle and the Dig. The games can all be picked up cheaply on eBay. Also some older games like Beneath a Steel Sky are freely available for download and also work with the SCUMM emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Retr0gamer wrote:
    LOL :D

Get yourself FFX if you have a PS2. Really fantastic storyline.

Can't think of much else on the PC other than the 2 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games.
    I agree KOTOR 2 is deadly. Really long too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

i thought the story in resident evil 4 was fair good
    and also try resident evil remake and 0 because there class to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Maynard.

Brock wrote:

And you would be right. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

best story in a game is the plot going through the mgs "trilogy" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

C64 Emulator + SuperWonderBoy

Been playing it for a few days nonstop

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate II.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

1huge1 wrote:
    i thought the story in resident evil 4 was fair good
    and also try resident evil remake and 0 because there class to

I tried to go back to play REmake after finishing resi 4 on Pro and i nearly got sick looking at it! The camera angles, graphics, zombies, aiming!! euhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

i recommend RES4 on PRO

I tried to go back to play REmake after finishing resi 4 on Pro and i nearly got sick looking at it! The camera angles, graphics, zombies, aiming!! euhhhhhhhhhhhh

you muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

It's knocking on a bit now, but Planescape: Torment has an absolutely brilliant plot. Probably the best single-player RPG for actual role palying, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Yeah. The Silent Hill games are on the PC as well.

And if you look in the Play.com sale at the moment they have stuff like Obscure going for a really cheap price.

I got Vampire the Masquerade pretty cheap in that sale too... haven't had time to try it out yet... it looks like it has a storyline... I don't know if it's any good yet though.

You could also try getting your self that SCUMM emulator that lets you play all the old Lucas Arts games. Last year I was able to play through the Monkey Island games, Day of the Tenticle and the Dig. The games can all be picked up cheaply on eBay. Also some older games like Beneath a Steel Sky are freely available for download and also work with the SCUMM emulator.

do you mean vampire:the masquerade-bloodlines ? V:TM has been out for years. bloodlines is excellent and well worth playing, but its a bit buggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Planescape:Torment
    Grim Fandango
    Freespace 2
    Deus Ex
    Baldurs Gate 2
    KOTOR 1+2 (excepting the last 2 hours of 2)
    Starcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

could never get grim fandago to work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Grim Fandango, what a game. I'd forgotten just how great it is. One of the few games I've ever completed because I'm genuinely interested in what happens to the characters. Tough to find now though.

Manuel Calavera: My scythe... I like to keep it close to where my heart used to be.

Membrillo: [describing his work at the morgue] All day long, Manny, I sort through pure sadness. I find evidence, and I piece together stories. But none of my stories end well - they all end here. And the moral of every story is the same: we may have years, we may have hours, but sooner of later, we push up flowers.

And don't give me that rubbish about Tifa in Final Fantasy being the most sentemental moment in computer gaming. Its Manny and Glotis at the end of Grim Fandango!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

calhob_ie wrote:
    Grim Fandango, what a game. I'd forgotten just how great it is. One of the few games I've ever completed because I'm genuinely interested in what happens to the characters. Tough to find now though.

Manuel Calavera: My scythe... I like to keep it close to where my heart used to be.

Membrillo: [describing his work at the morgue] All day long, Manny, I sort through pure sadness. I find evidence, and I piece together stories. But none of my stories end well - they all end here. And the moral of every story is the same: we may have years, we may have hours, but sooner of later, we push up flowers.

And don't give me that rubbish about Tifa in Final Fantasy being the most sentemental moment in computer gaming. Its Manny and Glotis at the end of Grim Fandango!
    Ah grim fandango... Had that. Wonder if it's still knocking about the house. And yes the ending is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i still say you can't to far wrong with Farcry. it's a brilliant game and also got a great storyline to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

I'm currently on the last level of Beyond Good and Evil, which has a great story IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'm currently on the last level of Beyond Good and Evil, which has a great story IMHO.
    I played Beyond Good and Evil on the GameCube. A great game. If you like Zelda, I think you'll like BG&E. And yeah the story is pretty good on it. A very nice game. It was supposed to be a trilogy (you'll see why The Smircher), but due to poor sales, only the first was made.

Advertisement