Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

depositing money online

• 06-07-2005 7:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Tried to deposit money into an online poker account but rejected because of this chip and pin stuff.Anyone know the answer please?
    MM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

how about you give us a bit more details like the website and what sthe minumum deposit ?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Littlewoods.£25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

thats a strange one.. have you updated your card details in your account :confused:

As far as I know,due to new security measures,Visa and other credit cards are now useless for funding online accounts.
    Ibelieve a debit card will be needed for such transactions.
    Another e40 for the government! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

i usually set up internet transfer accounts for each online account and use the username as a heading within the transfer!!

Only problem with this method it can take up to a week for the funds to transfer!!

Unusual that it wont take a credit card...proberly got something to do with the high level of fraud on credit cards nowadays!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

where do I go to do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

emmemm wrote:
    where do I go to do this?

Firstly if must set up an internet bank account with what ever bank branch you are using! (eg. AIB, BOI, Ulster etc)

When you have that completed you then can ring up the customer services department and get them to put up accounts fot transfering money! You must have all the bank details for your online betting/poker account (account no, sort no, name etc) You can also give them your username or account number that will appear on the recipient's statement (eg your username: Wooly)

The bookies then will recieve your sum approx 2-5 banking days later and then deposit your money into your personal account! Its obviously not as quick as using a debit/credit card however if anyone is like myself and doesnt actually want to use a credit card it then does the job very nicely!!!! :D

Advertisement