Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerrard's staying

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If I was a Liverpool fan I would want him to be sold at this stage. You only want players who really want to be at the club. This is the second time in two years which really indicates his total lack of commitment to the club. Also throughout the whole of last season nobody knew what he was going to do again a lack of commitment. I would be very worried that he is going to do all this again to Liverpool if they have a poor season next year.

Taking that into account I think now would be time to sell him as I think now would be the time when Liverpool will get the most money. Anyway to be honest Gerrard is a hit and Miss player he can be fantastic and then he can be non-existant. So if I had the choice of Gerrard or £32m I would go for the money. You could buy some very good players with that money and make Liverpool a better side than they would be if they keep Gerrard.

He has a serious loyalty issue and Liverpool fans should be very worried that he is going to do the exact same thing again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Imagine telling your boss you were leaving because he wouldn't hire some bloke you reckoned would be great as a colleague. Why bother have a manager when the players and Chairmen call all the shots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I agree with King35, if he is to stay it cant be another quick fix, he has to put all of this behind him once and for al, either commit himself to a long term deal with some insane buyout clause and a promise from the player to stay for a set number of years (3 maybe on a 5year contract) regardless of club performances. It cant all be about gerrard anymore, it has to be about the team. If theres any chance he may leave again next year, then just sell him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Imagine telling your boss you were leaving because he wouldn't hire some bloke you reckoned would be great as a colleague. Why bother have a manager when the players and Chairmen call all the shots?
    If one of the outcomes of this is a bigger transfer fund, I'm sure Rafa won't say no. I don't think Gerrard is dictating who precisely should be bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

As I posted in the original thread Graham Hunter said on newstalk earlier that the bid from Chelsea was 18M - some journalist seems to have picked 32 and they all jumperd on board.

I got the impression it was 18M + Duff. Heard from loads of places including Today FM news that he was tied into the deal which would bring it up to about 32, given that he's worth at least 15M himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Phil Thompson on Liverpoolfc.tv
    I was speaking to him four or five days before pre-season training and there was no happier lad on Merseyside. He wanted to get a deal done, but he was a little concerned it was not done quicker. But it was only a side issue.

"He was absolutely delighted and looking forward to the start of the season.

"I don't know what happened in between, I wonder if anything was going on behind the scenes with an agent or something.

I thought this was an interesting read saying only a few days before training started he was really looking forward to the new season with the pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

STEVEN GERRARD today insisted the speculation which has plagued the last two years of his Anfield career will end with today's contract signing.

Gerrard will pen a four-year deal which, he revealed, will not contain any get-out clauses.

The Liverpool skipper says he never wants the events of this summer and the last pre-season to be repeated and wants the world to know he is fully committed to one club.

Explaining his decision to stay, an emotional Gerrard told the ECHO today: "The last five or six weeks were the hard-est of my life because I wrongly believed the club didn't want me. I don't want to get into attaching blame to anyone.

"If I blame anyone, it's myself. I wanted my future sorted out as soon as possible after the Champions League final and when that wasn't the case, the longer it went on, the more misunderstandings there were.

"There was confusion and doubt in my mind. I had discussions with the manager, but the reports of bust-ups are complete nonsense. Now I know how much the club wants me.

"I feel I must defend my agent, Struan Marshall, in this. He's taken a lot of stick but all along he's never done anything I didn't ask him to.

"He's well respected at Liverpool and has done deals for me and other players in the past. He's conducted himself in the right way.

"He's a big factor in my decision to stay and organising the contract.

"I'll be signing the deal, maybe even today. I'd also like it known there are no clauses in that contract. This won't be happening again next summer or ever again, so far as I'm concerned.

"I've committed my long-term future to the club and I want all the speculation to end now. This is what I've wanted all along."

Gerrard hopes the fans understand the conflicting pressures he's been under but accept why the crisis developed and now get behind him and the club.

"I feel there is a weight off my mind today and I just want us to put this mess behind us," he said.

"I've only one medal left to win at Liverpool and that's the Premiership. That's what I want more than anything and Liverpool is the only place I've ever wanted to win it.

"I know there are some fans who'll be supportive and some who won't be. All I can say is it's been a difficult period for me, but I know I've made the right decision.

"In my heart, this is my club. I want to help bring success here for them and, for their sake and my own, I never want to go through this again."
    STEVEN GERRARD today reflected on today's dramatic developments at Anfield and explained: "I just couldn't leave the club I love".

Gerrard decided to reject Chelsea for the second consecutive summer and told club officials of his momentous u-turn last night.

The Reds skipper revealed today how 24 hours of agonising made him realise just what he'd be giving up if he walked out on the European champions.

An emotional Gerrard confirmed he'll be signing a new four year contract and hopes the speculation surrounding his future will now end for good.

"I had the whole of yesterday to think about my decision and what I was doing. I turned off my phone and my television and went through it all in my head again," said Gerrard.

"After considering everything that's gone on, I just couldn't go through with it and leave this club. I never said I wanted to leave in the first place, but I'd felt I was being backed into a corner and had to push things on.

"I know it was going to look as though I wanted to go, but at one stage I thought I had no choice. When I thought about it more, I just wanted to stay.

"I admitted I've made mistakes and the club has acknowledged they've made some mistakes as well. But now we've sorted it out and I'm doing what I wanted to do all along, which is stay at Liverpool."

The crisis began when Gerrard was concerned about the delay in contract negotiations, which finally started last Wednesday.

Gerrard was concerned manager Rafa Benitez secretly wanted to sell him because it took so long for talks to begin.

Matters were further complicated when false reports appeared in the Spanish Press claiming Gerrard fancied a move to Madrid - something he'd never said.

Liverpool spent the last 48 hours convincing their captain the conspiracy theory was the figment of someone's imagination.

Benitez also argued that the speed of Chelsea's bid on Monday was highly suspicious.

Anfield chief executive Rick Parry admitted the Reds may have underestimated the urgency of the situation to their skipper. At worst, Liverpool were guilty of failing to recognise how important it was for negotiations with the skipper to start immediately after the European Cup Final.

Thankfully for all sides, the situation has been recovered at the eleventh hour.

Liverpool convinced Gerrard there was no conspiracy on their part to engineer his transfer, spelt out just how much they want him and prompted the skipper to re-think after originally indicating the time had come to move on yesterday morning.

"I've now apologised to Liverpool and they've apologised to me, which is important," Gerrard continued. "I was left feeling so confused yesterday. I was receiving all kinds of advice and information from so many people, but I just had to sit down with my girlfriend and advisor and think it all through again for myself. I was just thinking 'how have we got into this mess and what's the best way out of it?'. I knew I had to do what I'd intended doing all along and sign a new contract.

"I made the decision last night that I couldn't leave this club. I love Liverpool so much. This is my club. My heart is with Liverpool. I don't need to tell anyone that. Everyone who knows me can see how I feel. The last thing I wanted to do was leave, I just couldn't do it."

The skipper realises many fans were deeply upset 24 hours ago, but his change of heart will be celebrated by those who couldn't bear the thought of Gerrard moving to Stamford Bridge.

"My relationship with the supporters has always been fantastic and I knew a lot of people would be disappointed if I'd decided to go. I thought about the fans and the future," Gerrard said..

"As I'd said all along, I never wanted to leave. I don't want to go into details now about what happened over the last few weeks because the most important thing now is we can sort it out.

"I'm going to sign a new contract and, like I've always done, will be doing everything possible to make Liverpool successful again.

"It's been a bit of a mess but now we can sort it out and move forward. As I've said, we can all learn things from this."

Chelsea obviously tapped him up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

€32 million was a great transfer for Liverpool. Think of hom many players you could get for that.

Duff, Wright-Phillips,

Bad move for Gerrard and the club IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

I don't know what to think. In a way I'm glad he's staying but he has an awful lot of bridges to build with the club and the fans.

I'm not too happy that Parry apologised to him for 'misreading his emotions.' WTF? It's Gerrard that should be apologising for behaving like an egotistical child. How could he think the club didn't want him? Idiot.

He should be stripped of his captaincy, its Carra that deserves it in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i think that if he looses his captaincy he'll throw another hissy fir and be out at the next transfer window..

Well then bye bye Stevie. He's either committed to the club or he's not, and he has to recognise that he behaved badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i think this is Parrys fault, contract negotiation by media, its stupid. This is all fairly run of the mill stuff for negotiating salarys/contracts, its just not the sort of thing that should be done in public.

SG: "I can get more money somewhere else"
    P: "ah but u said you'd stay"
    SG: "you said money wouldn't be an issue"
    P: "ah but the fans, what would they think, be loyal etc etc"
    SG: "If you want me, then match the money, you said you would"
    P: "ah no, can't do that, we're poor"
    SG: "ah ffs i'm off you tosser"

etc.

susanna wrote:
    Well then bye bye Stevie. He's either committed to the club or he's not, and he has to recognise that he behaved badly
    After reading his comments this morning and signing a restrictive four-year deal I don't doubt his commitment to the club. I also think it's unfair to attach all the blame to him. Parry has not been great in this. He should have wrapped this whole episode up after the CL Final. If the captaincy goes to Carra — fair play, but I personally want everyone to try to put all this behind them now and let Stevie play football for us.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    I got the impression it was 18M + Duff. Heard from loads of places including Today FM news that he was tied into the deal which would bring it up to about 32, given that he's worth at least 15M himself.

Chelsea wouldn't sell Duff, let alone use him a make weight and def not for as little as 14M(BTW 18 + 15 = 33) . Why would they bid so high with the first bid. 18M is about right to test the water, especially as it looks like Madrid weren't interested.

The Herald printed it so it must be true :rolleyes:

Back to Gerrard the guy is obvously an idiot.

There was an offer of 100K a week on the table yet he comes out and says he doesn't think the club wanted to keep him. :eek:

• Advertisement

I see where you're coming from Shamrok, but how can he be trusted after messing the club around like this 2 seasons in a row? How will the other players feel about Stevie being their leader?

Just saw this on Shankly Gates site from SG:
    "I had the whole of yesterday to think about my decision and what I was doing. I turned off my phone and my television and went through it all in my head again. "After considering everything that's gone on, I just couldn't go through with it and leave this club. I never said I wanted to leave in the first place, but I'd felt I was being backed into a corner and had to push things on.

"I know it was going to look as though I wanted to go, but at one stage I thought I had no choice. When I thought about it more, I just wanted to stay.

"I admitted I've made mistakes and the club has acknowledged they've made some mistakes as well. But now we've sorted it out and I'm doing what I wanted to do all along, which is stay at Liverpool."

"I've now apologised to Liverpool and they've apologised to me, which is important. I was left feeling so confused yesterday. I was receiving all kinds of advice and information from so many people, but I just had to sit down with my girlfriend and advisor and think it all through again for myself. I was just thinking 'how have we got into this mess and what's the best way out of it?'. I knew I had to do what I'd intended doing all along and sign a new contract.

"I made the decision last night that I couldn't leave this club. I love Liverpool so much. This is my club. My heart is with Liverpool. I don't need to tell anyone that. Everyone who knows me can see how I feel. The last thing I wanted to do was leave, I just couldn't do it."

"My relationship with the supporters has always been fantastic and I knew a lot of people would be disappointed if I'd decided to go. I thought about the fans and the future."

"As I'd said all along, I never wanted to leave. I don't want to go into details now about what happened over the last few weeks because the most important thing now is we can sort it out.

"I'm going to sign a new contract and, like I've always done, will be doing everything possible to make Liverpool successful again.

"It's been a bit of a mess but now we can sort it out and move forward. As I've said, we can all learn things from this. Now we all want to look forward."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

liverpool fans burn gerrard jerseys in the street now its all parrys fault,who will you attack tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Well I'm delighted he's decided to stay but this needs to be put to bed once and for all. I personally can't go through another season of speculation of whether he's going or not so his contract must reflect his absolute commitment to the club, ie: 4 additional years on top of his remaining two. He then needs to make a statement that he is commited to Liverpool for good and then get back to his playing best on the field. Last season his form was up and down and he has said this was due to the extreme pressure he was constalntly under through speculation from the media and other quarters. He needs to get back to the consistant form he showed in the 03/04 season when he was made captain and hopefully he can once this is all sorted out.

Oh and another thing - he needs to lighten up and not be so negative too! :rolleyes:

county wrote:
    liverpool fans burn gerrard jerseys in the street now its all parrys fault,who will you attack tomorrow
    "Attack"??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

So, it looks like Gerrard has explained himself and Parry. Both sides have apologised to each other and are asking the fans to understand. I guess we can all put this down to a lot of hoo-haa. Lets assess Gerrard by hs commitment to Liverpool and how he performs on the field. Sure, he didnt show 100% commitment with the negitiations last year, and again this year. Maybe he is just a type of lad that is easily influenced, and that leads him into confusion. These are big decisions though, and not many players are having to do the same decisions. If he wasnt a scouser, thing would be different.

But I agree with Phil Thompson:
    "But this cannot keep happening every 12 months, it does not do anyone any good. It needs to be nailed down once and for all."

Redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:confused: Okay then he's staying, though I'll belive it for sure only when he, Rafa and Rick Parry appear at a press conference with the contract and they sign it in front of us!

Fans are going to be bemused and uncertain (next summer et al) so he has to be tied down for at least another 4 years I'd say. During the forthcomming season he will also have to prove in his demeneour and attitude both on and off the pitch that he is worthy of being captain. No talking the teams chances in a competiton down, no ambiguity about his future or whether the boss is wrong in his tactics or selections. If he's staying it better be for life! (or as near as).
    Boro wrote:
    All the lads here who were telling him to "f*ck off and take the money" - i wonder what they all think now?

Luckily I never did!

I wonder, apart from the thereputic benefits of a good chat, did Parry and Rafa have some info on the next signing they could tell Gerrard which might have made the difference.?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kevix78

I am glad he is staying - I can see everyone's point that £32 millions is a great amount of money for an over-rated player - but just because you have money, does not guarantee that you can get your man. Look at Chelsea: bottomless pit of cash - yet failed in Eissien, Adriano and now Gerrard. In my opinion, Alonso and Gerrard (hopefully fit for most of the season) with Hamann covering them, will be a very strong midfield. If we had lost Gerrard - yeah we would have had cash - but who would we have replaced him with? Ballack? Eissien - I dont think we would have got either.

* in this post us= Liverpool FC

mike65 wrote:

I wonder, apart from the thereputic benefits of a good chat, did Parry and Rafa have some info on the next signing they could tell Gerrard which might have made the difference.?

Mike.

never thought of that actually....

who would you think it could be?

I think Upson is a fair guess. He's english which gerrard would love, has always been complaining about lack of english players. Also he's a decent player and a good signal of intent. Would have Upson and Carra CB's with riise left (at least thats the plan as far as i am aware) and finnan right and then hypia able to cover for any of those pushing Djimi further away from the 1st team. Then in midfield we have Kewell (if he gets any better), Garcia, who can take kewell's position (he prefers the left anyway), Hamann, Xabi, Steve G and Zenden with Golzalez and Figo (more then likely at the moment) and maybe garcia if kewell is back on form, for the right side. Thats a pretty decent midfield in fairness, added to the fact we have Morientes, Cisse, Baros, Pongolle + probably 1 other (Kuyt/Crouch). That is a pretty good team, with some level of strength in depth..

~Rebel~ wrote:
    I think Upson is a fair guess. He's english which gerrard would love, has always been complaining about lack of english players. Also he's a decent player and a good signal of intent. Would have Upson and Carra CB's with riise left (at least thats the plan as far as i am aware) and finnan right and then hypia able to cover for any of those pushing Djimi further away from the 1st team. Then in midfield we have Kewell (if he gets any better), Garcia, who can take kewell's position (he prefers the left anyway), Hamann, Xabi, Steve G and Zenden with Golzalez and Figo (more then likely at the moment) and maybe garcia if kewell is back on form, for the right side. Thats a pretty decent midfield in fairness, added to the fact we have Morientes, Cisse, Baros, Pongolle + probably 1 other (Kuyt/Crouch). That is a pretty good team, with some level of strength in depth..

Oh God please don't let it be Peter"Good touch for a big fella" Crouch...and while I'm on this theme..Figo at £90,000 a week!! The man is 32 and is definitely over the hill - I say make a bid for Pablo Aimar..fukn class player

speaking of kewell, i'm surporised he's not on his way out either! surely he cant be happy at liverpool, unless hes happy get 40,000(?) a week sittin on his arse

mike65 wrote:
    Luckily I never did!
    Mike.
    That makes two us, Mike. I even changed my sig to highlight the fact :D

Thing with kewell is, noone wants him. he knows he'll get his chance again cause its worth our while for him to show SOME promise so if we do want to sell him we'll get something. At the moment Wigan would prob take him for 1 or 2 million and thats about it, when if he has even a mediocre season he'll be worth a lot more. Not to mention the fact that he is (in theory) a good footballer and might (outside chance) add something to the team.. Really just not worth selling at this point, lost enough with Diouf..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

VinnyL wrote:
    speaking of kewell, i'm surporised he's not on his way out either! surely he cant be happy at liverpool, unless hes happy get 40,000(?) a week sittin on his arse

I thought he was getting 60,000 a week for sitting on his arse

• Advertisement

thats prob right i wasnt sure

Aaah lads!!! Leave poor Harry alone..I hear he does a mean BBQ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Sshhh! You can't question Harry's commitment any more - he'll take you to court! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

mr_angry wrote:
    Sshhh! You can't question Harry's commitment any more - he'll take you to court! :)
    ROFLCOPTOR!!

roflcoptor?!?!?!?!? i managed to make sense of the first 4 letters, the rest could be anything!!

ya though regardless of my last post saying we shoudl keep kewell, i still think he's a tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sky Sports News are reporting he will sign a 4 year extension, so a six year deal in total.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it's for the best for either the player or the club. The £35million could have been put to good use and Gerrard will never have the same raport with fans as he did before. His Chelsea excapades last summer alienated him from many fans and while they were able to forgive that time, I don't think it'll be so easy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Sky Sports News are reporting he will sign a 4 year extension, so a six year deal in total.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it's for the best for either the player or the club. The £35million could have been put to good use and Gerrard will never have the same raport with fans as he did before. His Chelsea excapades last summer alienated him from many fans and while they were able to forgive that time, I don't think it'll be so easy now.

IMO Liverpool fans are like any other fans would be in a similar situation. if he stays, they'll be happy, and love him (apart from the minority who will see that he is massively over-rated), and if he went, they'd hate him (apart from the minority who will only see the good he did while at the club).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Read this on SkySports news "The club have confirmed that Gerrard is expected to sign his new deal on Friday with the contract keeping him at Anfield until 2009." So that makes it a 4 year deal only ....

• Advertisement

Well if its really what the players want, as the website says, who are we to say otherwise. If they want him as their captain then he should stay captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

The reason that talks broke down is because his agent Straun Marshall is after £120,000 a week. Steven said he only wanted £100,000 which led to both himself and his agent having a blazing row. His agent has come out and said that they are unlikely to re-open talks but Steven has blanked Straun and is thinking of giving him his marching orders. There wasn't an exchange of words between Benitez and Steven, instead they were both annoyed by his agent's attitude and were calling him all sorts of names.

That's fair enough. I'm glad he made the gesture by offering to hand over the captaincy, in a way its a form of apology I suppose. Also shows that his ego isn't quite as big as we may have thought

It's good that he's come out and explained himself, as I think most fans just couldn't understand his reasons for wanting to leave. Seems to me that he's quite easily led. But he has to mean what he says now and put this nonsense to bed once and for all.

Lets hope that next year, without all this uncertainty surrounding him, Stevie will get back to his best

seabee wrote:
    The reason that talks broke down is because his agent Straun Marshall is after £120,000 a week. Steven said he only wanted £100,000 which led to both himself and his agent having a blazing row. His agent has come out and said that they are unlikely to re-open talks but Steven has blanked Straun and is thinking of giving him his marching orders. There wasn't an exchange of words between Benitez and Steven, instead they were both annoyed by his agent's attitude and were calling him all sorts of names.

Source?

Gerrard gave an interview to the Liverpool Echo earlier on claiming that its unfair to blame Marshall for any of this, he was just acting according to the player's wishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

seabee wrote:

Well your calling Gerrard a lier so, read a transcript of the interview he gave. Its very easy for fans to blame his agent rather than him or the club.

Interesting article on Dunphys morning show.

Benitez apparently was willing to take the money and the main problem seems to that he doesn't rate Gerrard as much as Gerrard rates himself and doesn't think tactically he is upto it. He also claimed Gerrard was given a video of Keane to watch bu Benitez.(This has come from a sports jouranlist but is a fairly reputable one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

TheMonster wrote:
    Benitez apparently was willing to take the money and the main problem seems to that he doesn't rate Gerrard as much as Gerrard rates himself

I think thats true. Benitez probably would have relished 32m and having that capacity to get players in that he wants. Gerrard is a very strong influence at the club, among staff, owners and fans. Benitez is more in control if his team is made up of players that he has brought in. Gerrard was big before Benitez came in.

However, I dont think that Benitez is in anyway anti-Gerrard and this is not a clash of personalties. Benitez will work with Gerrard happily and will try and improve him and motivate him. Gerrard is still young enough to be improved upon and to learn things and showing videos of other players is a way to do that and to motivate. Gerrard has faults in his game, such as close ball control which he needs to work on. Benitez is strong as a coach and this is just him in action.

Gerrard does think he is a god at times, but perhaps he has learnt something this week about himself. There were some valuable lessons with all this stress and it may mature him.

Redspider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Does anybody have the Liverpoolfc.tv E-Season ticket

I'm just very interested in the interview they have with Rafa about Gerrard

if you do could you please post a transcript of the interview

TheMonster wrote:
    He also claimed Gerrard was given a video of Keane to watch bu Benitez.(This has come from a sports jouranlist but is a fairly reputable one).

Like, he never saw him playing before? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

TheMonster wrote:
    Chelsea wouldn't sell Duff, let alone use him a make weight and def not for as little as 14M(BTW 18 + 15 = 33) . Why would they bid so high with the first bid. 18M is about right to test the water, especially as it looks like Madrid weren't interested.
    eek:

Sorry, wheres your source that Real madrid werent interested? Or was it just not said i nthe media so you guessed they werent?

Advertisement