Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair to increase capacity

• 06-07-2005 10:48am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭

Ryanair is to increase capacity out of Dublin by 40%

This will occur over the next few months as it continues its phasing out of the 200 series 737s. Ryanair hope to operate an all 737-800 fleet by the end of the year.
    They also hope to announce some new routes from Ireland.

Looks like bad news for Aer Lingus as more expansion by Ryanair is inevitable

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

FR's expansion is driven by the huge Boeing order they placed - they simply have to find places for all these 737-800s at 189 seats apiece. Look at Derry where they have to block off 49 seats because of Derry's short runway and FR's derated engines. Some of their routes seem to be shy of supporting 189 seats (like some of the Shannon ones apparently) so the end of the 737-200/300s without replacement by 737-600s might be a bad strategy, in the same way that some of EI's new routes don't seem to be fat enough to support their new A320-200s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'd like to see FR flying Salzburg-Dublin, or at least some cheapo airport in southern germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Thomond Pk

Ryanair are just great

passenger numbers up another 36% over last year in their latest figures, best buy I ever made at 4.60 a share. In fairness to Aer Lingus their is room for both of them as they are competing at very different markets with Aer Lingus being the only connecting airline out of Ireland. It is the former Aer Rianta and now Dublin Airport Authority that have the problems I have flown more times over the last 12 months than I did over a five year period between 1988 & 1993 one rarely hears of anyone driving to the UK these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

murphaph wrote:
    I'd like to see FR flying Salzburg-Dublin, or at least some cheapo airport in southern germany.
    Linz would be good if you're reading this Michael :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭mackerski

murphaph wrote:

How about Augsburg? Are they still doing free parking there?

Dermot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hapag-Lloyd fly to Stuttgart. That's as close as you'll get direct from Dublin I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Aer Lingus fly to Innsbruck now I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Aer Lingus fly to Innsbruck now I think?
    No they don't.

Ryanair fly to Klagenfurt, Salzburg, Graz and Linz from London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Traffic wrote:
    Ryanair is to increase capacity out of Dublin by 40%

This will occur over the next few months as it continues its phasing out of the 200 series 737s. Ryanair hope to operate an all 737-800 fleet by the end of the year.
    They also hope to announce some new routes from Ireland.

Looks like bad news for Aer Lingus as more expansion by Ryanair is inevitable

That's if they can get their pilots to fly them. The 'offer' MOL has made to the pilots to change aircraft type is a disgrace. I hope they keep telling him to fúck off until he makes them a reasonable offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

That's if they can get their pilots to fly them. The 'offer' MOL has made to the pilots to change aircraft type is a disgrace. I hope they keep telling him to fúck off until he makes them a reasonable offer.
    Thats true - with the anti union clause in their contracts and the danger of being rebased out of dublin, they arent a bunch of happy campers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement