Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Bard

• 28-08-2001 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

on serveral ocasions hes been deleteing my posts without reason,
    at first i said sure maybe they were OT like he deleted my thanks you to dev in a topic about supporting ioffl and when another member said he was he deleted both his and my posts,

i said what ever, if he wants to act like child let him,

Then this http://www.boards.ie/community/Forum18/HTML/000427.html

a guy asked for banner adds, i gave him a link to the ioffl site with serveral offical banner adds,
    if bard wanted him to use others why didnt he just say so instead of deleteing my topic.

i get the distinct feeling that its just me hes deleteing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

muppet abound...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

i dont get you, bard told me to post any problem i have with him here, better here then ioffl i say and these things are better out in the open wouldnt you agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

I have to say, this has been most entertaining - over the last few days its been pretty quiet on irelandoffline without gladiator. Occassionally, he just pops up out of nowhere with a post like 'Can anyone read this?' which then vanishes without a trace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The guy who asked for banner ads, as you put it, was DeVore - looking for banner ads for the SEMINAR. The thread you've linked to ( http://www.boards.ie/community/Forum18/HTML/000427.html ) is about banner ads for the SEMINAR. There is NO page on the IOFFL site with these banners - I posted the banners themselves on a thread on the forum and DeVore used them. What concern is that of yours?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    on serveral ocasions hes been deleteing my posts without reason
    </font>

I don't delete ANYONE's posts without reason. The posts of yours that I deleted were you mumbling nothing more than "I'm sure I posted here earlier, must be something wrong with ntl". Those posts added nothing to the threads they were in.
    </font>

Wrong.

yea you see sometime my posts dont show up because of ntl and sometimes it because they are deleted without reason,

it pretty damn annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

Wrong.
    </font>

True enough - he also deleted a post of mine where I suggested he stop deleting your posts.

[This message has been edited by hudson806 (edited 28-08-2001).]

a ha ive caught you, your deleteing good replies because they are from me and now i can prove it
    http://www.boards.ie/community/Forum18/HTML/000401.html

"If you have a banner ad we'll whack it up, can one of the official IOFFL people tell me where I might find such a thing?
    DeV."

"There's some on the Ireland Offline site DeVore:
    http://www.scaryeire.com/www.irelandoffline.com/LinkToUs.asp

adam"

its the exact same link as i provided 80p when he asked. if as you say my post was deleted then why wasnt dahamsta post as well.

"I'm sure I posted here earlier, must be something wrong with ntl". Those posts added nothing to the threads they were in

i only post them after you delete my post, why do you delete the orginal post when they are on topic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    a ha ive caught you, your deleteing good replies because they are from me and now i can prove it
    http://www.boards.ie/community/Forum18/HTML/000401.html

"If you have a banner ad we'll whack it up, can one of the official IOFFL people tell me where I might find such a thing?
    DeV."

"There's some on the Ireland Offline site DeVore:
    http://www.scaryeire.com/www.irelandoffline.com/LinkToUs.asp

adam"

its the exact same link as i provided 80p when he asked. if as you say my post was deleted then why wasnt dahamsta post as well.

</font>

IF you READ my reply on that thread AFTER Adam's reply, you'll see that the seminar banner ads were not yet made at that stage and so I was happy to have our regular banners used to advertise the event instead until I got around to making them. When you were suggesting them, they had been made. I deleted your post in that case to avoid confusion.

"I'm sure I posted here earlier, must be something wrong with ntl". Those posts added nothing to the threads they were in

i only post them after you delete my post, why do you delete the orginal post when they are on topic.

</font>

No, you don't always post those after I've deleted your original topic.

There have been plenty of times I've found "I thought I posted here earlier - bloody ntl" from you at the end of a thread.

.. and thus are mountains from molehills made ..

no there hasnt been any time were they were my only comments in a tread without you having deleted the orginal,
    i sometimes post that because it actually is ntl and not you messing about but the orginal is allways there as well.

and i knew you would say that about the adds, how stupid do you think people are, you deleted mine and left your mates, why didnt you delete his when you posted your, does it not still cause confusion as you link to that topic in your reply to 80p

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 28-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Gladiator,with over 1000posts in 2months or so..a lot of them must b irelivent spam,so its no surprise a lot of URE messages have been deleted.
    And flaming with an admin never gains u anything.

[This message has been edited by Pugsley (edited 28-08-2001).]

I'm not going to waste much more time on this silly argument, Gladiator- Continue with your little rant if you want,... - it's doing nobody any good here. You seem to think that I am, as you say, "obcessed" with you... to which I can only say "don't flatter yourself" tongue.gif

Stay on your high horse if you want about this... doesn't really bother me.

i see your point, talking to bard doesnt seems to work, ive managed to short things out with everyone else on that forum.

Ps im not saying ive never posted something that would be classed as spam by some but the post im having a problem with definitly was not spam, Bard doesnt claim it was spam he claims it broke his unwriten rule with may or may not aply depending on who you are.

Pss june july and august is 3 months not two and your average is higher then mine tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Gladiator (edited 28-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

pugs, all of yours are irrelevent spam also, luckily we've confined you to the IR board to up your post count with Rich, rather than annoy other people.

Anyway, Gladiator, grow up, he's a mod for a reason, i'm sure they'll all be laughing at you within the moderator group, "hey look what this muppet posted today, guess i'm gonna have to get my deleting hat on"

Maybe do a poll on whether gladiator should be 12-clicked again ?? It would gather alot more votes than most of the other polls smile.gif

"Please stop the big bad man from bullying me, I was doing nothing, honest, the window was broken when I got here, you just don't like me, U'RE A SILLY HEAD"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

all ready had a poll, people were smart enough to realise talking to me would get them what they wanted allot faster then banning me. cut back allot of posting on ioffl, i no longer post in every or even half the topics, i allso took flame limitation steps. i think bard is still ****ed he never got to vote in that poll, things might have been different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

wtf? omfg, why is this still open?

oh look, there's Dav! smile.gif

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Uhh the IR boards r private niggy tongue.gif
    So u arent allowed 2 look at them tongue.gif
    And i dont spam outside the IR boards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trojan:
    wtf? omfg, why is this still open?

oh look, there's Dav! smile.gif

Al.
    </font>

You and McKeon playing Professional again?

Oh look - there's Kealan!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement