Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Far 8 New Wrestlers Let Go By The Wwe!

• 06-07-2005 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Just getting some news in that Spike - Maven - Shannon Moore - Akio - Gangrel- Billy Kidman - Mark Jindrak - Kevin "Mordecai" Fertig.

Few people will be surpised to see that some of these guys were still under the WWE, for which there were.

Why they are doing this looks to point to hiring of old ECW wrestlers! As sabu - Sandman - and many more are yet to show there mugs on TV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Maven gone

i am happy with this news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

sorry guys just realised that this has alrady been posted! o well lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

shame about them letting go of Shannon Moore and Billy Kidman but thankfully they finally got sense and released Mark Jindrak and Matt Morgan, im not sorry to see Maven go either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Oh boy add the following to the list

Kenzo Suziki
    Jackie Gayda
    Charlie Hass
    DVon and Bubba Dudley
    Dawn Marie
    Marty Jannetty

So far 14 stars have been released

* Kenzo Suzuki
    * Matt Morgan
    * Charlie Haas
    * Jackie Gayda
    * Marty Jannetty
    * Dawn Marie
    * Mark Jindrak
    * Maven
    * Shannon Moore
    * James Yun (Akio)
    * David Heath (Gangrel)
    * Billy Kidman
    * Spike Dudley
    * Kevin Fertig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You forgot to mention Bubba Ray and D-Von in your list at the bottom. ^^

So far, 16 wrestlers have been released. I can't remember the situation ever being this bad. Certainly not in recent history.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Marty Janetti?

WTF. they have done nothing with him since signing him

well look at it this way - so far business is on a downturn for WWE, plus with a more-then-likely returning Lesnar - he can command a very high salary - so the roster cuts can be seen as a cost cutting measure aswell.

Dont be suprised to see more cuts (like Hurricane, Rosey, Chavo, Scotty and a few others)

It was bound to happen anyway, WWE became over ripe, and unfortunately those on the injured list or with nothing to do (in relation to the script writers) are the first to go - and I have a bad feeling maybe even RVD could be on a knife edge.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    well look at it this way - so far business is on a downturn for WWE, plus with a more-then-likely returning Lesnar - he can command a very high salary - so the roster cuts can be seen as a cost cutting measure aswell.

Dont be suprised to see more cuts (like Hurricane, Rosey, Chavo, Scotty and a few others)

It was bound to happen anyway, WWE became over ripe, and unfortunately those on the injured list or with nothing to do (in relation to the script writers) are the first to go - and I have a bad feeling maybe even RVD could be on a knife edge.

I think RVD is safe and I think Hurricane and Rosey are safe only down to the fact they are holding the tag titles. Without them I think they could easily have gone. Certainly Rosey anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Kenzo Suzuki and real wife Hiroko have been released and also Joy Giovanni

Spike Dudley posted this message at the message board of his official site, spikedudley.net....

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

And in more ways than one. First, yes I'm gone from the WWE. Does it sting? Hell, yeah. Especially since I've always been one of their "model" employees. It makes sense that I was released, I don't bitch, moan, groan or suck. I just didn't fit in with what the WWE puts on tv. No, I'm only kidding(but not really). It was my turn and that's the nature of the beast. The WWE is a sinking ship. Cursed by owning 100% of the industry, I can see how they couldn't afford my outrageous salary in these times of number crunching. Hey, they gave me a great oppurtunity and maybe I didn't make the most of it. That's life. At first I was pissed, but I woke up this morning feeling, I don't know, alive. Check this out, this morning I woke up and visioned having a wrestling match without a script. I visioned going to an arena and actually having fun again. I visioned not having to go to the hospital after being hurt by a "future" WWE superstar who may look good but have the wrestling ability of a dead walrus. I visioned pitching an angle without having to get approval from writers who 6 years ago were buying ECW tickets and making signs(it's true). Hell, I visioned blading!!! I really don't want to burn bridges(if I haven't already) and all that, but that company sucks the life out of you and then spits you out. Enough on them.

I want to love wreslting again. I want to be passionate about the business. It's been so good to me, I want to give back. I don't know how yet, but it will happen.

Right now, I'm going to chill. I've got some time to sit back and re-evaluate life, smell some roses and get my head straight. I doubt you've seen the last of me. And if anything it's a blessing. Nothing sucks worse than working for a company that doesn't respect you. Paul E.(God bless him) proved that to me. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Majik, you f'n rock. Big boost this morning, thank you. I"ll be in touch.

Everyone in Dudlyeville, you all are the best. My many thanks to everyone for the support and love you've shown. Now that I'm on my own I will be back more often, so it's fun time.
    I can't name everyone but you know who you are. Keep the faith, and if anyone is hiring get in touch.

Thanks guys,

Spike "no more tears" Dudley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Jannety did a Stone Cold, hit his wife, and ended his ass up in jail......the firing was directly because of that....

antifyre wrote:
    Jannety did a Stone Cold, hit his wife, and ended his ass up in jail......the firing was directly because of that....

what? where is your proof of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Ph3n0m wrote:
    what? where is your proof of that?

Source: PWInsider.com

-- The Dudley Boys (Bubba Ray & D'Von) were released because their contracts are up next month and they couldn't agree money terms with WWE. The Dudleys are said to be looking at TNA and Japan as future options.

-- Marty Jannetty was released because of a domestic incident that occurred with his partner. He was subsequently jailed.

-- Dawn Marie had her contract bought out due to her pregnancy.

I assume 'Domestic incident' and 'jailed' meant he hit her, anyway.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

man, that sucks about the Dudleys... I thought maybe they'd get a push after ECW:one night stand. Oh well.. they were gettin stale although I loved how they were wearing their old ECW attire for the PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Some of those are really crap releases. I honestly hope TNA picks up some of them, for instance, the Dudleys, Shannon and Haas. Some others could have a decent time there too. Must be a real kick in the teeth for Charlie and Jackie. Charlie is an extremely talented wrestler, he could easily hold his own in TNA

I'm going to look at this as a good thing

And I for one want to thank WWE for potentially ruining the careers of some great wrestlers.

Doesnt matter where they go, there is only a finite amount of places they can end up and some of them are used to commanding high salaries - since they do have investments and families to look after

Once again, thanks WWE, thanks for **** all

In relation to Marty Jannetty, he was arrested and put into jail on Saturday, June 11, for a DUI felony apparently.

View the Report/Mug Shot Here:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveOffenders/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=966534989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

I don't know what to think. Maybe this is an elaborate work so ECW can be reborn? If not, WWE is certainly doing everything they can to kill tag team wrestling. I have heard people say that WWE looks at Tag Team wrestling as Southern Wrestling thing, and look at all the classic tag team action from the WWWF and WWF. The problem isn't the fact that Vince doesn't have competition. The problem is Vince has friggin sitcom writers doing his booking. They have veteran agents such as Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat, Steve Keirn, Ted DiBiase, and Sgt. Slaughter. So why not let these guys teach the wrestlers you know, how to wrestle?

When Vince first started this whole national expansion it was clear he wanted to take wrestling from the proverbial sweaty gyms to the main stream and even lights of Hollywood. The thing is, he used to actually have wrestling as the primary, not the secondary that it is now. Oh well, Vince is getting what he deserves. Steph isn't getting the job done, but it isn't her fault, now is it? The WWF used to run two crews a night during the expansion era and sold both out. They can't anymore because WWE Creative gives them no freakin reason to care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

ok now you are ****ting me. Fair enough the lads got released but did anyone see the trades? OMFG
    RAW brand gets:

* Mark Jindrak: Former WCW Tag Team Champion
    * Rene Dupree: Former WWE Tag Team Champion; former World Tag Team Champion
    * Danny Basham: Two-time former WWE Tag Team Champion
    * Kenzo Suzuki (with Hiroko): Former WWE Tag Team Champion
    * Chavo Guerrero: Five-time former Cruiserweight Champion; two-time former WWE Tag Team Champion

* William Regal: Four-time former WCW Television Champion; three-time former Hardcore Champion; four-time former European Champion; former Intercontinental Champion; four-time former World Tag Team Champion
    * Candice: 2004 RAW Diva Search contestant
    * Sylvain Grenier: Four-time former World Tag Team Champion
    * Simon Dean: Former RAW sponsor
    * Steven Richards: Former two-time ECW Tag Team Champion; former 21-time Hardcore Champion

Now if I'm not mistaken some of these lads being released got left go for diva search finalists to become contracted??? That's a big slap in the face with a McMahon shaped turd on those released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've really lost interest in the last year or so. Totally agree with what Spike said about it suffering because it owns 100% of the industry.
    I started losing interest when the whole Raw/Smackdown seperation thing started. I think the belts have lost so much value.

Anyway, those guys releasesd are all pants in my books, but not much worse than a lot of the guys I see when I turn it on nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Vince doesn't own 100% of the business! If people bothered to check out TNA, I think they'd find it a very entertaining alternative

I have seen TNA on digital a couple of times, is that a serious competitor? I'm not saying it's not a real business or anything, I just meant to the same standard as WCW or ECW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

TNA isnt really a serious competitor to WWE yet cause i think it wants to remain kinda small for the moment until WWE has sunk more. I think what made WWE a success was the rivally it had with WCW.

Shame about those wrestlers getting fired. I saw a couple of them with a bright future if they had been givin the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

TNA serious competiton. Look at how much in debt there in. Hell they have nt got an American tv deal and the one there negotiating with is apparently so bad its nearly not worth going for at all. Its a pitty its not. Like most if not every industry competition is so necessary. Plus in terms of the releases if you check in on the conferece call about quarterly earnings for the WWE Linda McMahon acknowelged that when the WWE moves to the USA network they will lose at least $10 million in advertising revenue. As a result she said cost cutting meassures would result across all areas ie. wrestlers. Plus with there new deal with USA alot of the weekend shows could be history. If you look at the deal they cut, Velocity is gone for sure and the future of Heat is also uncertain. An awful lot of these guys were velocity specials and with no velocity there was really no place for them. Again its business. Money Money Money as that great Million Dollar Man theme music sang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'm kinda liking TNA at the moment, it might not be serious competition right now, but if they keep building like they're doing, they'll be right up there, especially once they get a tv deal sorted.

that six sided ring is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

I thought Maven was doing pretty well, and was in great shape especially after trying the Simon System. I tried it too.....you should see me now babe!!!

It is strange seeing Maven getting the boot, it wasn't so long ago that he was in the main event at Survivor Series.
    Great example to set for the rest of the tough enough contenders :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

yea we'll give you a job but it won't last thats the example now for all of them i'm a little upset akio is gone he was class he'll probly go to ROH but i dont have TCW i wont get to see him any more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Some of the matches Akio had with Paul London this year put the main event of smackdown to shame some weeks. He just never got into the spotlight enough in terms of a push.

So the first two seasons of tough enough are now gone. Is Puder still even with the company? Then its only Nitro and Matt Capotelli is still in OVW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

actuly what ever happened to puder i haven't even heard of him since the rumble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Puder is training on OVW.

Chris Nowinski is still under WWE contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hass

Why dose the wwe have these tough enough and diva searchs when all they are going to do is release them after two years if they are lucky! They let so many divas go who could actually wrestle like Molly and have Christy Hemme and other no good diva search loser's in the company. The women's title is what it was like back in the 90's nothing but eyecandy which is really sad and Trish as no one to feud with when she comes back.

Advertisement