Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Drink (alcoholic)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Diet Coke, however if I want to go crazy I usually go for Pineapple Juice....and if I want to exagerate then I buy Lucozade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bulmers or Heineken

at least until they bring Grolsch and Kronenberg to the masses in pubs across the land :mad:

stupid lack of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

The Black Shtuff (guinness)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Powers and coke (its just so easy to drink, then you realise your hammered because its 40%)
    a bottle of miller to go with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

vodka+OJ! its lovely if you make it about three quarters vodka, the orang juice takes the stng out but you till have a nice burn off the vodka!
    bacardi is best drank straight
    when im out (especially barcode on thurs) ya gotta get the pints o' bulmers (cos theyre e3, and you get so much more for your money than you would with an alchopop!)
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 patriotIE

shellby wrote:
    never tasted either but hten i've never even heard of the first one
    Erdinger is a cloudy weet beer. It's fantastic. Also, I think that corona is one of the best tasting beers Ever!. if you drink it for a week, you won't want anything else. It's ****ing expensive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭shellby

patriotIE wrote:
    Erdinger is a cloudy weet beer. It's fantastic. Also, I think that corona is one of the best tasting beers Ever!. if you drink it for a week, you won't want anything else. It's ****ing expensive though.

well i'm broke can't afford a weeks drinking so that corona in out the window but have really sold the erdinger to me i deffo gonna try that

The Gnome wrote:
    Ah yes, drinking. My chosen tipple is one of my own making. I call such a masterpiece The Green Goblin.

First take an empty 2 litre bottle.
    Add one large bottle of Southern Comfort and a large bottle of WKD blue. Finally top off with some orange juice.
    Serve chilled and get a friend to dial 99, when you stop moving get them to dial 9 again.

that sounds horrible but i am unbelievably tempted to give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Re:Favourite Drink (Alcoholic)
    stout: preferably guinness, and whiskey: preferably jameson with ice (and who are you calling an alcoholic?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

shellby wrote:
    that sounds horrible but i am unbelievably tempted to give it a go

You'd think so but it isn't. Then again maybe that because it burns your tastebuds off. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Ill go for Heino! Loik!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A middleton extra rare whiskey straight and drunk slowly. Of course it's not very often I can get one of these :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

In no particular order:
    Delirium Tremens,Duvel, Judas, Kwak, Piraat, Le Chouffe, McChouffe, Leffe Trippel, Hoegaarden.

shellby wrote:
    well i'm broke can't afford a weeks drinking so that corona in out the window but have really sold the erdinger to me i deffo gonna try that
    Try the dunkel (blue label) I think it's nicer than regular.

joejoem wrote:
    Ill go for Heino! Loik!

yar liok there nothing better than a pint of heino down in the pob with some of the bois :D

The Gnome wrote:
    You'd think so but it isn't. Then again maybe that because it burns your tastebuds off. . .

fantastic although i'd imagine after a couple of mouthfuls taste wouldn't be the only sense not working proberly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Delighted to see several mentionings of Erdinger, absolutely beautiful stuff!! I've even been known to enjoy a bottle or two of the non-alcoholic variety when I'm not drinking (typically early in the day sort of stuff!), any pubs do it on tap? Or even sell bottles for a reasonable price? Never seen it anywhere but offies.

shellby wrote:
    fantastic although i'd imagine after a couple of mouthfuls taste wouldn't be the only sense not working proberly

Ridiculously true, ah the Goblin and i have had many a good time.
    For those of you who'd like to try it on a night out (as horrendously expensive as it is) it's a double southy in a pint glass with a splash of orange and a bottle of WKD blue added in.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    any pubs do it on tap?
    The village, The PorterHouse. Probably others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Delighted to see several mentionings of Erdinger, absolutely beautiful stuff!! I've even been known to enjoy a bottle or two of the non-alcoholic variety when I'm not drinking (typically early in the day sort of stuff!), any pubs do it on tap? Or even sell bottles for a reasonable price? Never seen it anywhere but offies.

Theres only one bar down here that does it that I know of that has it on tap ()' Gradys yard - for anyone who was wondering) and I have to say that it is DE-F**CKING-LICIOUS . Its much nicer from the tap (even though its lovely from bottles too). They also do Hoegarden (SP ?), nice but not AS nice as Erdinger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Pint: Guiness, also Erdinger
    Shot: Jagermeister
    Drinking before a night out: Tuborg/Finkbrau

The Gnome wrote:
    Ridiculously true, ah the Goblin and i have had many a good time.
    For those of you who'd like to try it on a night out (as horrendously expensive as it is) it's a double southy in a pint glass with a splash of orange and a bottle of WKD blue added in.

horrendously expensive indeed. i think i'll stick to my bulmers for the time being oh and an erdinger i got to try one of those

shellby wrote:
    horrendously expensive indeed. i think i'll stick to my bulmers for the time being oh and an erdinger i got to try one of those

BAH!

am i the only one that can't shake the unbelievable urge to go to th pub after reading this thread?

The Gnome wrote:
    BAH!

i know i know adventurous i am however loaded i'm not i'll give it a go at the next house party i'm at
    happy now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Beer:

Lager(Cheap): Dutch Gold
    Lager(Pricey): Staropramen
    Ale: Smithwicks/John Smiths
    Stout: Guinness

Cider: Is for nackers :)

Whiskey:
    Bourbon: Wild Turkey
    Irish Whiskey: Jameson 12yr
    Scotch: Glenfiddich

Usually pints are of the smithwicks vareity, cans are dutch, whiskey is WT if they have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Does anyone drink Hofbrau? Its really really good! And really strong and only €3:50 a bottle in most places!

shellby wrote:
    i know i know adventurous i am however loaded i'm not i'll give it a go at the next house party i'm at
    happy now?

Excellent..........

phase one complete

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

The Gnome wrote:
    phase one complete

phase two
    phase three profit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

vodka redbull, but it has to be a pint. 3-4 shots of vodka over a pint glass filled with ice, and a can of redbull fills it up nicely.

goes down far too smoothly tho, so if you're not used to it you'll be bladdered fairly quickly.

just to do it properly, a nice shot of aftershock between pints doe s a good job of getting you there.

Advertisement