Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Locke *spoilers*

• 06-07-2005 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

So far, he's been one of my favourite characters. He just seems to be a fairly well-rounded character that has a lot of depth to him. i have a question about him that's had me arguing with my mates for the last few days.

During Locke's flashback we learned the
    he couldn't walk
    . But now he clearly has full movement. My side of the arguement is that Locke regained
    the power to walk from the island
    which would fit in with the weird things that are happening. However, my mates say that he can
    walk
    because he fell at a certain angle when the plane crashed and recovered that way. Can anyone please confirm that I'm right and my mates are eejits?

Cheers!

P.S. don't reveal too much, I've only watching it on RTE2 and am only as far as Confidence Man

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Locke believes it was the island and thats all thats really important at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

nachos wrote:
    So far, he's been one of my favourite characters. He just seems to be a fairly well-rounded character that has a lot of depth to him. i have a question about him that's had me arguing with my mates for the last few days.

During Locke's flashback we learned the
    he couldn't walk
    . But now he clearly has full movement. My side of the arguement is that Locke regained
    the power to walk from the island
    which would fit in with the weird things that are happening. However, my mates say that he can
    walk
    because he fell at a certain angle when the plane crashed and recovered that way. Can anyone please confirm that I'm right and my mates are eejits?

Cheers!

P.S. don't reveal too much, I've only watching it on RTE2 and am only as far as Confidence Man

Im leaning towards your friends being eejits! :D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Hell it's odd that he could walk at all. Surely after 2 years of not walking, yer muscles would be severely weakened? So I hear anyway. How long was he in the wheelchair? I'd say it's something mystical about the island. Or maybe he was faking the whole not being able to walk thing. I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Zukustious wrote:
    Or maybe he was faking the whole not being able to walk thing. I dunno.
    Haha.. yes that would be great... I can just see him being like Andy in Little Britain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

After any significant time in a wheelchair, your muscles would atrophy to the degree that it would take months for you to regain the ability to walk properly. I'm not commenting on any aspect of Locke in particular, but that is a simple physiological fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭loz

mr_angry wrote:
    After any significant time in a wheelchair, your muscles would atrophy to the degree that it would take months for you to regain the ability to walk properly. I'm not commenting on any aspect of Locke in particular, but that is a simple physiological fact.

Locke is a plant working for the NSA who are running the whole island brainwashing experiment thingy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

it was probbley the island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Modedit: US EPISODES SPOILER:

I reckon its the island ,
    it took away his power to walk when it wanted to kill Boone.

Only because he couldnt walk Boone died, if he could walk he would have gotten into the plane. As he felt it had what he needed to open the hatch

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

But we don't even know why Locke couldn't walk yet.
    Was he in an accident after he was turned away by his "father"? Can't remember for sure
    But his problem might not have been a physical defect at all rather than a mental problem that being involved in the plane crash fixed/altered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Stuck *spoilers* into the topic title to hopefully remove the need for spoiler tags

KdjaC I edited your post slightly to make sure people know that what's under your spoiler is from a future episode since the OP pointed out he's watching on RTE

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

steveland? wrote:
    KdjaC I edited your post slightly to make sure people know that what's under your spoiler is from a future episode since the OP pointed out he's watching on RTE

Thanks

NP but it wasnt there when he 1st posted :D

kdjac

Advertisement