Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Galway

Options
  • 06-07-2005 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I will be going to Galway for the weekend in a couple of weeks and was just wondering where the best place is to park around the city.
    I know there is a multi storey near eyre square....is this expensive?

Any advice welcome...cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

woodquay car park behind the cinema .
    go right after the cinema.

prob the cheapest.
    correct me if i'm wrong someone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

That or the Cathedral carpark, I'd guess. That said, I rarely park in town and if I do, it's only for less than two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Of course, you can always dump your car in the Omniplex carpark (well, a specific section of it) where the clampers do not operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

thanks for the replies...

could you tell me whereabouts from eyre square the woodquay, cathedral carpark and the omniplex are?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Buckfast wrote:
    Of course, you can always dump your car in the Omniplex carpark (well, a specific section of it) where the clampers do not operate.
    Which section is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

park outside currys. cant clamp you there anyways. i cant remember why,just not allowed. i used to work in o connors and thats what i was told

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

park outside currys. cant clamp you there anyways. i cant remember why,just not allowed. i used to work in o connors and thats what i was told

for someone thats not from galway...where's curry's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

jobless wrote:
    for someone thats not from galway...where's curry's?

it near the omniplex cinema, across the road from tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goingmental

depends on where you are staying,
    there are a good few places,
    if you are staying in town there is the claddagh car park- (for some one not from galway its past quay st and jurys etc and just down to the left,, its FREE!!!!
    the omniplex car park is dodge,, some days some of the nasty men are out in force and will clamp everywhere if you are spotted leaving,,
    i would avoid it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Shamrok wrote:
    Which section is that?
    As fish fingers beat me to it with a reply, yep, outside currys, they don't contribute to rates for the management company, so the clampers don't get paid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement