Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining Multiplayer Games

Options
  • 06-07-2005 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭

When ever i try to join an internet game, it just sends me back to the "selet server" screen, i can create my own net game but i cant access others, anyone have this problem? O know whats wrong? (firewall is off)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's not giving you any kind of a message, error or other ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭kirving

No, its just auto matically returning to the select server screen, not getting any message is pissing me off

All I could find was others with the same problem :

Link
    I had the same problem. Tried to connect to any server: Ranked, unranked, 64 and 32 player maps, punkbuster, non-pb, by IP, through the in game interface. Nothing. It just says "Joining Server" and about 2 seconds later redisplays the server listing as if I had just refreshed the menu. No errors or anything.
    This happened right after a Thunderstorm knocked out power in my house while I was in a game. So I think that has something to do with it. BF2 Installer has an option during uninstall to retain profiles and settings, so I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that seems to fix the problem. You will need to goto www.evenbalance.com and redownload the Punkbuster updater or your games will be laggy as it'll update during your gameplay.

Ok, think I have it now...

Try clicking on the Battlefield2_code.exe file in your: ?:\?\BF2\Support directory and reenter your CD Key. It appears that this is what happens when the game can't read the key properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭kirving

Thanks Guys! Worked great!

• Advertisement
Advertisement