Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7th July Newmarket 15:05

• 06-07-2005 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

What do people rekon about the 15:05 Newmarket tomorrow? Iffraaj? Soldiers Tale? I think im going with Iffraaj again. Think he has to do this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I'm staying away from new market. Crazy results today :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mellsmore

It's hard to see beyond Iffraaj. A saver on Balmont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

This looks to be a very good race and should prove to be quite informative. I'm finding it difficult to narrow it down to a short-list of less than 7 and even then, there's a fair chance I'm still missing the winner. A brief summary of my thoughts...

Somnus and Balmont are solid G1 performers, especially Somnus who should go really well in the softish ground. Soldier's Tale looked the business in that G3 he won. I like Pastoral Pursuits and think he could run well at a decent price (currently 12/1 in places but 33/1 at VC!!).

Camacho's stamina gave out in a 7f G3 last time and tomorrow is only his 5th race (as it is for Soldier's Tale too) - improvement likely. Iffraaj had about a stone in hand when winning the Wokingham and clocked a similar time to the winner of the G1 Golden Jubilee Stakes 35 minutes earlier. However, the Jarvis stable is in poor form and I think his low draw will be away from the main pace, so his price isn't value for me.

Also clocking a similar time to the above was Galeota who finished 2nd in that G1 race and he is my idea of tomorrow's winner. (Around 8/1)

But just to be crazy, this is my prediction - Soldier's Tale to swoop late and dead-heat with all-the-way leader Galeota. Balmont close up in third, just edging out Somnus who leads home the low-drawn group. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Crumbs, Interesting what you say about the low draw being a disadvantage, Phillip Robinson agreed with you last night and he's rarely wrong on these sort of things.

Anyway lads, your all forgetting to mention then winner, Quito of course. Alright maybe he won't win, but he'll be placed. A more tough, genuine and consistent horse you'll find hard to find, will absolutely love conditions and will get the strong pace he needs. At 25/1 I've had a large EW bet on him. He must be one of my favourite horses in training at the moment.

Of the others I'd go for Galeota. I'm assuming that high draws will have an advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Hehe, i have him backed for a place on betfair also. Hopefully he will do the biz. Also got Iffraaj for the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

1st 11 Pastoral Pursuits 22-1 :eek: :eek: :eek:
    2nd 3 Avonbridge 40-1 :eek:
    3rd 19 Etlaala 40-1 :eek:

:eek: :eek:

im in shock...blame the ground suppose!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Crumbs wrote:
    I like Pastoral Pursuits and think he could run well at a decent price (currently 12/1 in places but 33/1 at VC!!).
    *Cries a little tear*

Damn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

NewMarket is impossible this week.

Bookies laiughing all the way to the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Im giving up on Newmarket. Its too crazy.

Advertisement