Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heres a novel idea. (ref: karma)

• 30-08-2001 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Hows this for a cunning idearrr..

Is it possible (well anythings possible) to make it so that:

* If a mod adjusts your karma (negative/plus) then another moderator must approve that, therefore making it probably justified.

* If the above idearrrrr was used, make it so that you're karma does not reset after a certain amount of time

This will stop problems with leaked passwords, and drunken moderators... tongue.gif

I mean comn, they're only human, anyone can get drunk and give out a bit o' karma.

So I ask you to take this idea into consideration, having a moderator need a second aprooval before the actual karma is given out

Sir. Rentoid.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Karma is a load of Bull Licks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Scrappy-

so is 12clicking tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

The whole Karma good/bad argument has been done too many times lads. Its here to stay for a while at least. Deal with it and stop moaning.

Rentz I suggested that a good while ago, I dont think that its possible hack wise, but cloud would know better than me.

Scrappy -> its only sh!t to the muppets who are 12 clicked.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm not moaning.

BTW RentZ idea is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

From what I've seen, the UBB code is pretty extensive, I think there's over 900kb of it alone, and well, you know how it is, reading someone else's code? It would be quite a lot of work, probably not worth it. (although it's a decent idea)

If you don't like karma, ignore it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ìf you cant trust a mod to give out karma then he shouldnt be a mod :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sorry mate. its a good idea, but i dont give out karma too often, and to be honest i will give it out as i see fit, not how me and someone else see fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's a stupid idea, if a mod loses his password or gets drunk and starts a mad karma rampage then Admins should be informed.

This is the system in place at the moment and it works, because drunken password losing mods are the exception, not the norm.

In short: shut up losers tongue.gif

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Little did scrappy know that a while later hed be gone again he was a true muppet.

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I agree with Kaids for once, IMHO, Karma is pantaloons.

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement