Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trunks from DBZ, views?

Options
  • 06-07-2005 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Personaly I think Trunks is easily one of the coolest characters in dbz and my mates agree, but can someone tell me why?! He has a bowl hair cut (and when he grows it out u don't see him as much), he's not particularly strong, he rarely uses that cool sword of his, and he's named after a pair of swimming shorts! But he manages to pull it all off quite well. I love drawing him too. If someone could point out what the big attraction is I'd appreciate it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

Personaly I think Trunks is easily one of the coolest characters in dbz and my mates agree, but can someone tell me why?! He has a bowl hair cut (and when he grows it out u don't see him as much), he's not particularly strong, he rarely uses that cool sword of his, and he's named after a pair of swimming shorts! But he manages to pull it all off quite well. I love drawing him too. If someone could point out what the big attraction is I'd appreciate it!

Trunks is modelled on the bishounen archetype, so I'd say you're either a young lady of blossoming interests or a young man who turns a blind eye to the ladies.

(Translation: You're a straight woman or a homosexual man and Trunks "does it for you")

Although you might desire an alternate explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its also he's the *nice* vegeta...(all vegeta's stubborn coolness with a heart of gold

and it serves perverts belief's that there exits a hentai episode with bulma and vegeta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Trunks was added to the series to make up the pretty boy quota. That's more or less the basis of his character. Generic bishy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Manga-paddy

Son Goku wrote:
    Trunks is modelled on the bishounen archetype, so I'd say you're either a young lady of blossoming interests or a young man who turns a blind eye to the ladies.

(Translation: You're a straight woman or a homosexual man and Trunks "does it for you")

Although you might desire an alternate explanation.
    I prefer the idea of less egotistical Vegeta, YOUR theory however sucks ass as you don't know what you're talking about :mad:
    ......dick

translation: you're a tool :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Read the current "Is DBZ still a strong anime?" thread for some sane opinions on that kiddie show.

P.S. You were totally asking for it ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I thought it was hilarious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha that is one funny opening post....'vegeta is teh win!!111!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Trunk is different because he is the only Saiyajin without black hair ... think about it ;)

I prefer the idea of less egotistical Vegeta, YOUR theory however sucks ass as you don't know what you're talking about :mad:
    ......dick

I say you like Trunks and the first thing you do is get angry and energetically deny it.

I think somebody might like Trunks more than they admit. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

I like Trunks purely because he goes back in time for no practical reason, only to save lives which will have no effect on his life and to see the people who died when he was a kid. And he is fairly strong, dunno what Manga-Paddy is talking about.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

he's talking about trunks' sexyness apparantly lol

Ahem, perhaps I could have phrased my statement a bit better....
    I'm not gay at all I'm afraid.
    But yeah, I had noticd bout his hair colour and the time thing. Also thought it would've been cool if his hair went kinda dif to the others when he went super saiyan

Breaking hearts Manga-paddy :)

Hmm,.......
    he rarely uses that cool sword of his
    Basically you wished that Trunks had displayed his "magnificent weapon" more throughout the series.

'Magnificient weapon.'
    I laughed at that :D

my cool sword appreciated it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

He should have stuck to using his sword on men... he broke it when he tried it out on a woman.

haha,i think he should use it on vegeta so?

Lets not even go NEAR the subject of DBZ yaoi :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I want to spank his bottom.

CuLT wrote:
    Lets not even go NEAR the subject of DBZ yaoi :p
    rar! shake it bulma lolz

Krillin does it for me. yum.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Son Goku wrote:
    Hmm,.......

Basically you wished that Trunks had displayed his "magnificent weapon" more throughout the series.

Ahhhh im still laughing now...

Manga-Paddy ,trunks is cool, however i dont want to see is magnificent weapon all the the time, He does however in my opinion have the best movie, Gotta watch history of trunks, Gohan vs Androids super fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

havent seen DBZ since the middle of the boo saga when they stopped showing it on Cartoon Network but this topic gave me plenty of laughs. lolz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Just to recentralize the all thing, I think we all agree that Future Trunk rocks but not CHibi-Trunk ;)

By the way, the story of how Trunks gets his sword is completely stupid and doesn't fit at all in the story ;)

ya but hes like a ssj4 in the sack :P

Advertisement