Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

batman or war of the worlds?

• 06-07-2005 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

well? you have the power! i'm going to go and see one tonight. which should it be?

which do you prefer? 56 votes

batman begins
    0% 0 votes
    war of the worlds
    100% 56 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

batman begins...without a shadow of doubt.

WOTW is very poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Gotta be Batman.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

definitely batman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Batman is definately the better of the two, infact its great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Batman without a doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I voted for War of the Worlds, Batman's probably better though. I just have a hankerin' for some aliens right now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

definitely batman

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Batman without a shadow of a doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

I msut say I did enjoy War of the Worlds but it has to be Batman-no question-its bloody brilliant!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Batman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Bateman ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Had this discussion today... and it still has me stumped, ill say Batman but id sneak into War of the Worlds afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Both very good, but Batman definately. You're probably gone now anyway though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Aven't seen War Of the worlds yet. But saw Batman at the weekend and I was very pleasently surprised. Really worth watching. Your one katie holmes tho was a tad irritating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well don't worry, she's been dropped for the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

War of the Worlds! I mean batman is good but WotW is fantastic!

And whoever said Bateman - lol. Very amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

sound_wave wrote:
    Bateman ;)
    Ha ha, very good.

Batman for sure. War Of The World is good for what it it. It's an above average blockbuster. Batman is a blockbuster too I guess but it has....... a quality.....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Batman by miles.
    WOW's ending sucked, it had some good moments but wasnt half as good as the trailers lead it on to be :(, Pity.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Batman. If the poll shows too many signs of 'WotW' catching up, I'll just edit it to reflect my personal taste.

I'm joking.

Honest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Batman, WoTW sucks harder than a young one at the Wezz, roysh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

WoTW was good but Batman was much better. I'd happily go to see batman again but to be honest I wouldn't bother going back to see WoTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

well its pretty much a landslide!

just back from the cinema now, and saw.......Sin City!

i had every intention of going to batman, but all my friends wanted to see this, so i obliged.

think i would have preferred batman. sin city was good, really liked the use of colour. some very funny parts as well. but it just really dragged for me. characters too straightforward and 1 dimensional for my liking. glad to get out of there in the end. was pretty tired. 6.2/10 in my book. (i know i'll get slated for this!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

na na na na na na BATMAN! BATMAN! um i mean leader .............i love the leader!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

You probably made the right decision. Sin City won't be in the cinemas for too much longer, and it definately should be seen there. See Batman next, it is truly class. I've already been three times! Loyal to the comics too; far more than any of the other films.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Hey treefingers I thought I might point out the fact that your avater should probably have helped you to make your decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭KingEric

I'm not a big Batman fan but Batman Begins is definately better than WOTW, far more interesting and enjoyable. I think that there's too much hype about WOTW which isn't justified. I had a feeling before going to see it that would be a let down, and although its very good in parts, overall nothing spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

KingEric wrote:
    I'm not a big Batman fan but Batman Begins is definately better than WOTW, far more interesting and enjoyable. I think that there's too much hype about WOTW which isn't justified. I had a feeling before going to see it that would be a let down, and although its very good in parts, overall nothing spectacular.

I have to agree, except that I am a fan of the DC world. So I have to admit that as a fan. I sat there in pure glee at Batman Begins

ps.... I want to ride with batman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

Kingp35 wrote:
    Hey treefingers I thought I might point out the fact that your avater should probably have helped you to make your decision

you would think so, wouldn't you! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

na na na na na na BATMAN!!!

excellent show. That's your next cinema trip sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Tackle

No contest - Batman. One of the few films I've gone to see in the cinema twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Definitely the batman. Was well impressed with it, waaaaaay better than i expected. Definitely one to add to the dvd collection, might pick up WoW if its in a bargin bin a while after it comes out..

Advertisement