Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVG and Javascript

Options
  • 06-07-2005 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I want to create a html document with an SVG file embedded in it. I want to be able to select (highlight) text in the SVG document and record what that text is (for example just write it to the same page). I've been trying to do this with Javascript but I cannot find any operations that allow me to access the text (unlike the document.selection attribute which can be used to read the contents of what is selected on a html page).

I've searched the SVG DOM but I cannot find anything. The only place i've seen it done is in the Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0 where it's possible to highlight text, right-click it and copy it.

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement