Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brocks Back (well probably)

• 06-07-2005 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Wonderful news. A guy with not only a great look but a fantastic athlete to boot. In saying that he'll probably end up jobbing for Big Dave for about 4 months but hey I think its very positive development.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Great in ring and all that, but he's left me feeling a bit bad about him as a person after the whole thing last year. I can't say I'll be too interested in him unless he really shows some commitment. Really hopes he doesn't get special treatment, like less appearances than other guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Very ironic that his signing has coincided with this huge clearout by WWE. A guy who left WWE and turned his back on them is now being signed while others have lost their jobs. No doubting his talent besides his mic work of course, but i think he should have to pay a few dues, it would be sickening to see him go straight into World Title picture. He may have said he lately he regetted, but this was only after he found out he wasnt actually any good at American Football, and after he slapped a lawsuit against WWE. Theres no such thing as burnt bridges in WWE, if theres money to be made then it will be made. Also ironic that theres a wrestler called Benjamin because thats what its all about now..........the Benjamins, not the Shelton kind though. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i hope he comes back to SD, he could have some great battles with Batista

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Man, I wonder did Matt Morgan being shown the door have anything to do with this? His release was surprising, as he had some talent for a big guy, unlike Snitsy or Heidenreich, and he was being pushed on TV. Maybe it would have been too akward for them to explain why he would all of a sudden have to stop doing the F-5. A pity; a two or three week feud between Lesnar and Morgan over the move would have been a great way for Lesnar to make his return.

As for the actual story, I think its great news. I have recently ben watching some of the DVDs from 2002/03, and it defies belief how brilliant Lesnar was. His incredible strength combined with his speed and flexibility in the ring was truly unique to him. No one could touch him in that respect. I just hope they use him well. He would probably be better on Smackdow for now, as feuds with both Orton and Batista (so long as this is held off on for a good while) could be fantastic, while also being fresh.

Do any you guys remember a television match between Lesnar and Orton from a few weeks after Lesnar's Summersam title victory over The Rock? It had one of the greatest finishes ever; Orton hit his top-rope cross body, and rather than just catch him, Lesnar took the move (i.e. fell over with Orton on him), but then rolled through and straight back to his feet with Orton in his arms. An F-5 promptly followed; goodnight Irene. Only Lesnar could have pulled off such a great spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

He'll have a lot on his plate to win back the fans after the way he left, he won't be the number one guy either so we'll see how he handles that, he'll prob hang around for a year again, make some money then leave after a major push.

I'd say they guys being realised are fairly pissed at this turn of events, Haas, the Dudlyz (all 3), Moore, Akio etc desverve it more then Brock.

WWE (un)creative have been droping the ball with these guys for years. It's are they big? Do they look good on TV? before anything like can they wrestle?

Hope TNA get their TV deal, at least then there will be some decent compition for WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The bottom line is business. Theres money to be made out of him clearly and hence he's back.

Wacker wrote:
    Do any you guys remember a television match between Lesnar and Orton from a few weeks after Lesnar's Summersam title victory over The Rock? It had one of the greatest finishes ever; Orton hit his top-rope cross body, and rather than just catch him, Lesnar took the move (i.e. fell over with Orton on him), but then rolled through and straight back to his feet with Orton in his arms. An F-5 promptly followed; goodnight Irene. Only Lesnar could have pulled off such a great spot.

I remember that! Although I'd argue that Goldberg was just about as strong, quick and flexible. Brock's still the receiver of the sickest chair shot I've ever seen, by Jeff Hardy. Meh, I don't know what to think of him. If he's grown up as a person I won't have a problem with him

Found this interview with Lesner on WWE.com:

“I’ve had some contractual disagreements with WWE, as well as a lawsuit. But I’m ready now to see if we can do some business together.

“It wasn’t easy for me to leave,” claimed Lesnar in regards to his 2004 departure from WWE. “I struggled with the decision for a while. I realize people have their opinions about me leaving, and they’re entitled to those opinions. That’s why they live in America.”

After making the decision to leave WWE, Lesnar set his sights on becoming an NFL star. His unsuccessful pursuit to the gridiron was highly publicized, but it was one he still looks upon fondly. “I’m glad I did it. I didn’t want to look back years from now and regret not taking that chance,” said Brock on his decision to try football. “I’m done with football now, though. Like I said yesterday, professional wrestling is in my blood. This is what I want to do. You only get one life to live, and I’ll be damned if I’m not going to live my life to the fullest.”

If all goes well between Lesnar and McMahon today, the former WWE Champion still has to consider how he will be received by the WWE Superstars. “I have to take into consideration that this is a business,” replied Lesnar regarding any ill feelings toward him. “Hopefully, a return is what everybody wants to see. I can tell you that I will commit myself to be the guy I was in the ring before I left. If there’s problems from the boys, that’s not my problem. I never had a problem with them. They’ve been nothing but great to me in the past.

“If I do come back, though, people should be aware that they need to be on their toes,” Lesnar continued. “There ain’t nobody that can hold a candle to me.”

Fozzy wrote:
    I remember that! Although I'd argue that Goldberg was just about as strong, quick and flexible. Brock's still the receiver of the sickest chair shot I've ever seen, by Jeff Hardy. Meh, I don't know what to think of him. If he's grown up as a person I won't have a problem with him
    Goldberg as a worker could n't/can't hold a candle to the athleticsm/work rate/wrestling ability of Brock. Goldberg was all sizzle and no substance. Brock backed it up. I won't list all the matches. Anyone whoose seen him ppv after ppv knows.

Ah yeah, I know Brock is a much better wrestler. I was just responding to the "strength, speed and flexibility" comment. It's not that that makes him a great wrestler is what I was pointing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

If he is really back, i hope Vince makes him the latest member of the kiss my ass club. :D

Also if all these wrestlers are being fired for brocks salary, there taking a big chance on him saving the WWE and what if he wants to leave again?

If youre talking about not holding a candle to anybody, as good as Brock is, he cant hold the proverbial candle to Angle, IMO Angle is the greatest athlete inside a ring since Steamboat, plus Angle doesnt have the advantage of being a big guy, hence mathes no having the excuse of matches going slower. Benoit, Bret, Michaels were all fantastic in ring, but Angle is the most total package ive ever seen and also a model professional. At least Angle is on the number 1 show, where he deserves to be.

If youre talking about not holding a candle to anybody, as good as Brock is, he cant hold the proverbial candle to Angle, IMO Angle is the greatest athlete inside a ring since Steamboat, plus Angle doesnt have the advantage of being a big guy, hence mathes no having the excuse of matches going slower. Benoit, Bret, Michaels were all fantastic in ring, but Angle is the most total package ive ever seen and also a model professional. At least Angle is on the number 1 show, where he deserves to be.
    I love Angle too (not as much as Bret lol). However at 26 I think Brock has an awful lot of the attributes that Angle has maybe with their amateur backrounds I guess. In time Brock could be at Angles level. I've never seen Brock going slow either. Thats what makes him different. A big guy with great movement.
    Ps. Bret number 1 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I say Brock to beat the master lock challenge?
    and then have to job to have as a pay back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How cool would that be? Knowing Brock, he'd probably counter it and turn it into an F-5!

it would be a nice way to put masters over if brock goes over for him and if brock beats the masterlock challenge it really wouldnt take anything away from masters because of the size of brock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

An interesting idea, but i heard Lesnar is retuning to SM, to feud with Batista

It makes sense to put him there but I am in no mood for him going right after batista?Even if batista doesnt have the belt!

Wait,brock runs in to help batista at summerslam after a "new" cabinet try and help JBL?
    I am gonna stick with that one!
    Then Batista and Brock could pretty much run smackdown until they fall out eg.HHH/stone cold era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

It makes sense to put him there but I am in no mood for him going right after batista?Even if batista doesnt have the belt!

Wait,brock runs in to help batista at summerslam after a "new" cabinet try and help JBL?
    I am gonna stick with that one!
    Then Batista and Brock could pretty much run smackdown until they fall out eg.HHH/stone cold era

I can't see Brock coming back as a face, he's gonna get a hostile reception, which may eventually die down, so having him as a heel is the only option at the moment i would say.

He may not go straight into a fued with Batista, but that's the apparent long term plan.
    He may well come back and do a couple of programs with some of the other guys besides than the champ, maybe even rekindle his fued with 'taker, but i doubt WWE are bringing him back to not utilize him in the title picture at some point.

Advertisement