Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pimp My Ride - UK

• 06-07-2005 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Just a quick thread to see if anyone out there Likes 'Pimp My Ride' UK

I was flicking through the telly yesterday eve when I cam eaccross the start of Pimp My Ride so I left it on, much to my surprise - to see a lad trying to personate the US version,
    I have to say I thought it was a complete waste of Ait Time, Why dont they try their own style instead of trying to copy the US with a presenter who just dosent live up to the same image. Even down to the Pinch on the shoulder - 'Youve now been pimped'
    I just felt like it was a sad copy. Not meaning to insult the work done by the Lads and Ladies - The quality of work seemed great - just the presentation of it, Anyone Agree or Disagree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

I strongly agree. It is a total rip off of xzibit. Westwood doesnt know what he is doing. Maybe if they tried their own little plan and made few changes, it might be worthilw watching and might actually be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Westwood is a bungling halfwit - he drives a Hummer or an Escalade or some such obscenity (on British roads).

You can beleive Xzibit lives 'the life', whereas Westwood was clearly bullied at school, probably by an Eminmememem lookylike...

They should have got Clarkson, or Gordon Ramsey, or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CorvetteTom

Yep,
    I think bosco would even have been better!!, Bring back Bosco :p
    Eh - i dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I hate when arseholes like Westwood try to be black and cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

totally agree westwood is a ass clown. if you read max power you just laugh at him in is hummer. he should be shot, they made a mockery of the bodyshop the bloke who owns it has the best looking porsche in the world and i hate porsches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Yes it was on MTV tonight - they done up a Morris Minor - I thought the finished product looked gaudy and too Las Vegas ( I hate anything thats not original factory fit anyway)
    Still I suppose the kit installed in that car - if sold would buy a nice real classic. Next week they are doing a MK II Golf 2 door - that will be similarly ruined I suppose
    As for it being a clone of the USA programme - not such a surprise given that MTV's is an american company :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

''westwood'' seems a rite muppet alrite , the work is good tho, anyone see the job they done on the mk2 golf ?

the minor looked stupid ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

i'd rather westwood than some idiot like richard blackwood but yr right
    theyre deliberately trying to do a quaint quirky UK version to show in the states & it jsut comes off as very poor.
    They shouldve got mike "Frank Butcher" reid to host it IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Its trying too hard to be tongue in cheek and ironic. Ergo its sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

If they were going down the whole taking the pi$$ road they should have dug good old Ali G back up.

Man he would've been a SICK presenter! :D (am I bling/dope now? ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Bluehair wrote:
    If they were going down the whole taking the pi$$ road they should have dug good old Ali G back up.

Ali G would have been brilliant in that show.

They seem to have a habit of ruining the cars though.

The guy who had the Panda wanted to go on a trip around Europe with his 3 friends, so that would be 4 in total. But when he got the panda back it only had 3 seats in it, so one friend would have to stay behind.

And didnt they leave the rocker with the hearse not enough room for his instruments or something?

Also, in both US and UK versions, have they ever done something to the engine? Or is that poor boy still driving around in a souped up panda with a 15 year old engine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Bez (x Happy Mondays) is having his ride pimped on Saturday @ 10
    The prize money from when he won celb. big brother

Should be class

Dec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

one thing that should have never done was paint a hearse white
    come on...
    whatever you do to a hearse, ANYTHING, except paint it white
    also he's a heavy metal guy, BLACK NOT WHITE
    ffs

for the panda they went down the wrong road, its not a pimpeable car
    they should have bought him a new jeep or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

saw two episodes of it on sunday.

yer man westwood is ****e, but the bodyshop do some real nice work.

they had that mental tvr speed twelve in the background at one stage.

the workmanship, while not to everyones taste, is top notch, perhaps even better than wcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

they just pimped a panda :D:D the thing was so far over the top id looked good :eek: four lads wanted to do a trip around europe,best mates and all,so they only put 3 seats back in,class :confused: muppets :D still left the poxy engine in,u might get some street cred if the car could leave the lights faster then a forklift :p:D

Advertisement