Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thanks for seminar banner ads & publicity !

• 29-08-2001 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Just as an ordinary member of IrelandOffline....
    Thanks for the banner ad and publicity you have given for the seminar. It definitely has contributed to augmenting our membership ( as seen in the amounnt of new ppl posting stuff in the last few days )

As you've stated You feel its important that you have the control over the advertising that appears so you can lend a hand to some of your "mates" like IrelandOffline. Given the success the event was today, I dont think there could be any better vindication for that decision.

Once again thanks:)

BTW....
    Devore LOL re: The dispute of the €ircom statistic and why ppl give up using the internet. How do they expect to get ppl to shop or bank online when it takes 5 mins for a secure server to open up. Thats why ppl get bored & say shag it and just get into the car and physically go off to do it.
    If there was one thing that really pissed me off @ the seminar was the fact €ircom continuously presented stats that were inherently flawed.

Once again thx :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

..... thanks also, DeV, for being there and making the points you made during the Q&A session. Much appreciated!

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No problem, its part of the community idea...

I'm not more involved with IOFFL because I dont think I would add anything to their team and I'm not sure I'd be able to restrain myself from saying things that wouldnt reflect well on the committee.

I can say these things from the outside though.

To be honest I was quite angry yesterday and was as controled as I get. Next time I could be dragged off the stage screaming "MUPPETS YOU'RE ALL MUPPETS!!!" smile.gif

DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

it had to be said, that whole i want it more then was bolox, i have to say chances are she has adsl allready in her home.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gladiator:
    it had to be said, that whole i want it more then was bolox,
    </font>

What???
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    i have to say chances are she has adsl allready in her home.
    </font>

Who? ... and what has that got to do with the topic?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:

I can say these things from the outside though.

To be honest I was quite angry yesterday and was as controled as I get. Next time I could be dragged off the stage screaming "MUPPETS YOU'RE ALL MUPPETS!!!" smile.gif

DeVore.
    </font>

im responding to this bard, remember the rep from eircoms comments, that she actually wanted adsl more then we did, and dev said, not bloody likely. i think thats what hes talking about,

anywho back on topic thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Well done to the good people of Ireland Offline, and it's supporters, who have raised these issues, and asked the tough questions.

Probably won't change much in the long run, but at least I.O. is being effective as a pressure group in highlighting for us the muppetry at work in the country.

...now, following the seminar, who's for Emigration? biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

DeV. just in relation to that disputed statistic re: Boredom being the number 1 reason for ceasing use of the Internet.

I could only partially see the source. The 1st was "Amárach" & didn't get the the 2nd.

Does Anyone know what the reputation of this source is?? It is a stat that amazed and also "Soula" by her own admition.

Although I know you may need a lot of patience from time to time using the internet in Ireland, they must have sampled a meeting of Attention Deficite Disorderlies smile.gifsmile.gif

Anyone know their reputuation??

80p.
    SAVE CHIP !!

no source was given, allso i was made hard to read, black type on a dark purble and dark navy blue background, yea thats going to be easy to read rolleyes.gif was 2 year old nephew has better powerpoint skills,

the esat one followed the K.I.S.S rule which was good

no source was given
    </font>

That's simply not true. Careful about making such statements, Gladiator!

Eircom's quoted data source, which Soula Evans mentioned herself during the presentation (although she couldn't pronounce it properly), was Amárach Consulting ( www.amarach.com ).

It was also mentioned in text on their (admittedly hard to read) PowerPoint presentation.

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

im responding to this bard, remember the rep from eircoms comments, that she actually wanted adsl more then we did, and dev said, not bloody likely. i think thats what hes talking about,</font>
    She said *what*!?!?!

My *SISTER* can't come up with better flamebait than that! And that's saying something wink.gif

BTW, how did the seminar go? I would have gone if it started after 5:30, but found out too late.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    That's simply not true. Careful about making such statements, Gladiator!

Eircom's quoted data source, which Soula Evans mentioned herself during the presentation (although she couldn't pronounce it properly), was Amárach Consulting ( www.amarach.com ).

It was also mentioned in text on their (admittedly hard to read) PowerPoint presentation.

</font>

eircon trick, the first stats she said they were from them, she didnt say all the stats she would use were, but people presume all stats after the first one were the same and they may or may no have been, no source was up on hte powerpoint display

Advertisement