Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation board ?

• 21-08-2001 9:46pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Often it is hard to tell wheater a certain topic on the games, roleplaying etc... is about a PC or PS game as often one title is both. As there is already a large amount of posting about ps games it shows that not only would it solve and get rid of the above inconvienience it would also have easily enough traffic to make it viabile.

Before its even mentioned making this board would not mean having to create boards for the other consoles as x-box isn't and wont be out for some time. Sega have abondoned the dreamcast and will concentrate on soley games and finally although there may be some calls for a nintendo board i dont believe there would be enough of a demand as sony and the ps and PS2 have massivly otsold all other consoles of there type.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I hereby place my order for an x-box board in advance.
    Honest, it will just prevent confusion and inconvenience everywhere if we start it now!!

Anyhow, everyone KNOWS that it will leave those playstation oldies in the dust...we will own j00

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bounty Hunter:
    As there is already a large amount of posting about ps games it shows that not only would it solve and get rid of the above inconvienience it would also have easily enough traffic to make it viabile.
    </font>

I dont think you could say "a large amount" of topics, i can only see three-ish in the last whole page of topics on the games board ? Not really a lot smile.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by richindub2:
    I dont think you could say "a large amount" of topics, i can only see three-ish in the last whole page of topics on the games board ? Not really a lot smile.gif</font>

Including the other games boards such as role0playing with usual threadssuch as FFX etc... there is easily enough traffic to warrant a ps board.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that inteligent life exists elsewhere is that none of it has tried to contact us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bounty Hunter:
    Including the other games boards such as role0playing with usual threadssuch as FFX etc... there is easily enough traffic to warrant a ps board.

</font>

The role playing board has 12 topics in the last 30 days, its hardly over flowing is it? smile.gif I also only see one topic relating to the playstation 0o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I have to disagree with Bounty Hunter (who happens to be my brother) as there's no real reason for a PlayStation board- contrary to what he says, there's not enough posts to warrant it.

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Nah, not enough traffic for it. Plus if PSX gets a board then the Ninty head will want one and then the X-boxers and the Megadrive Madleds and the Amiga amigos and the Jaguar Junkies and the CD32 errr ummm.. crackwhores

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 21-08-2001).]

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think its an excellant idea!
    Or even better, what about a 'console' forum?
    for other consoles, were people could discuiss games, reviews and cheats etc.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    I think its an excellant idea!
    Or even better, what about a 'console' forum?
    for other consoles, were people could discuiss games, reviews and cheats etc.
    </font>

agreed- a general "consoles" forum would be better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

how about a games board.
    oh, we already have one of those.

now if you take out the stupid top ten lists, shinji ranting about ninty, and people moaning about black and white, theres not an awful lot of posts. certainly not enough to warrent a seperate board. youd get about 3 posts a day on each board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I agree with WhiteWashMan. If we took away console gaming, there'd be little left for the gaming board. People are free to post about games, reviews and cheats etc on that board as it is. Perhaps a renaming is in order, but certainly not a new board.

Rich dans les Dublin a Douze, c'est les poof de la grande. Magnifique.

Maiow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

This is just a thought but, at the mo the sub divisions of games are type based rather than platform based. So long as psx topics aren't being deleted from forums I don't see a reason for a seperate board. Its not like theres a huge posting rate on the boards in question.

Regardless most ppl have a stronger interest on the type of game rather than the platform its on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I think a consoles board would be cool. However there are also good arguments put forward by people against this.

I suggest we use the Poll to at least see what everyone thinks. IMO the Poll is not used enough here, it could be of greater benefit to Boards.ie.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    agreed- a general "consoles" forum would be better... </font>

I didn't by the way, when I said the above, mean that a consoles board would be a good idea. I meant it would be a better idea than a specifically Playstation board.

I don't think it should be created... but fine, take it to a poll... it'll only lose anyhoo tongue.gif

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Games board isn't exactly high-traffic, and is pretty much the forum for console games of all sorts and PC games not covered by other forums. I don't see any need to split it up further when it's not exactly overflowing in the first place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Jesus, our Boards.ie pie is gradually being cut up into more and more pieces; the present Games board has bugger all traffic as it is, and as Amp said, if a seperate Playstation board was sliced in, there would be requests for a Dreamcast board, N64 board, Xbox board, etc ad nauseam (and probably a Playstation 2 board knowing these muppets).
    Also, Bounty Hunter, if you're going on 'sales' then surely a Game Boy board would be more appropriate than a Playstation board...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Puck:
    I suggest we use the Poll to at least see what everyone thinks. IMO the Poll is not used enough here, it could be of greater benefit to Boards.ie.</font>

i was going to suggest this. the poll feature is greatly underused on boards and it could stop *****ing.

[somewhat sarcastic]
    and if you have a couple of console specific boards why not go the full way? why not a psx board and a ps2 board etc...
    [/somewhat sarcastic]

OFFICAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed by SANE people. We accept no responsibility for any contamination caused to your bodily fluids due to reading this post. We ask patrons to please keep their feet visible at all times and their left hand raised in the air, for their own safety. Remember we're extremists with miniature guitars...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

As a console owner, i will say there is certainly not enough traffic to warrant a board for it. Maaybe a year ago when the hype about PS2 was around, but not now. There's no point in wasting space on boards for something that wont be used much.

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Bah space - More of that can be bought smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Actually yeah you have a good point there! The Games board is used for all sorts of games including consoles and it doesn't even get that much traffic. No real need for a Playstation or console board then I suppose.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Just use the games board.

Something for the young out there who keep begging for a board.

either...

1. Set up a community board.

or

2. Get so popular on one board that it will annoy the hell out of them and force them to make a new board (how RP/CS/Webgames came about).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

i just think that the games board would be good for all consolers and p.c boys in general.

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

I agree... no need for a Playstation or consoles board.

... but by the same rationale (lack of posts), you might as well delete the Tribes board tongue.gif

Bard

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

okay i accept there wont be and probobly isn't the demand for a playstation board.

also longfield all this post achieved is to lessen the chances of a playstion board(which would include both ps2 and ps1 which have out-sold the gameboy advance i believe it was only FASTEST selling) and any resulting X-box board.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Longfield:
    I hereby place my order for an x-box board in advance.
    Honest, it will just prevent confusion and inconvenience everywhere if we start it now!!

Anyhow, everyone KNOWS that it will leave those playstation oldies in the dust...we will own j00
    </font>

Sometimes I think the surest sign that inteligent life exists elsewhere is that none of it has tried to contact us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

And here begins the war between playstationeers and x-boxers (sssssiiiiiiggggghhhhh) at least one company has copped that unity is the key (thanx sega), and anyway ps2 has a bright future as does gamecube and then the p.c has some games that will own. but a lot of them are getting the next gen treatment even at e-3 most of the stands i visited had one or more of there p.c games on the way to at least one next-gen console.See you in a year for the first battles....

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

the games board deals mostly with console games, as all the other games baords cover most online games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Féck the Playstation Board, we need a Final Fantasy Board with me as Grand Moff.

T'would sound great.'Grand Moff Digi_Tilmitt is sending this topic to Trolls,' Well I'll settle to become a Moderator of it, if I have to.

But be nice People and make a nice Final Fantasy Board, it would ease the massive congestion on the roleplaying board.

I'm a card captor........

Advertisement