Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Official EA/DICE ] ** Battlefield 2 v1.01 Patch **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sucks monkey balls , my game wouldnt work after install the 1st time.

Lag hasnt changed a bit , doesnt run any better , but 3 guys who exploited the servers got their ranks not points reduced.
    Browser is still mental just faster mental, dunno if ASE and other browsers can access the game yet.

Patch v1.01

* Fixed in issue that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

* Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

* Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers.

* Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host : after the first map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.

* Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

* Fixed a problem that caused environment mapping to not appear on reflective surfaces.

* Fixed a crash that happened when a client picks up a kit that doesn't
    exist anymore.

* Fixed a problem with AI when the game was paused for a long time: bots
    would become unresponsive and also shoot more accurately.

* LOD distances tweaked on certain objects.

The patch sucks :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I thought there were meant to be 2 new levels in this patch???

Where are they? :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The patch does everything it said it would IMO ?

No more 0 ping and server browser is much smoother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Shiny wrote:
    I thought there were meant to be 2 new levels in this patch???

Where are they? :mad:

Was only speculation, was NEVER promised.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Now my game wont start manually tried to find target and did wont work and the disc option is the same any ideas?

• Advertisement

Now my game wont start manually tried to find target and did wont work and the disc option is the same any ideas?

same for me reboot pc and it works.

kdjac

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

thanks for links for patch, just to let ya know http://frink.nuigalway.ie/~danny/BF2/bf2_patch.exe] doesnt work as ya have remove the bf2_patch.exe"]" from the hyperlink. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Fixed now smarty pants :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The amount of warping in the game is now beyond belief. They removed general lag...but now everyone moves in hops and jumps. Being a sniper is useless. Unless its just the TiG server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

The patch workes great for me. The in Game browser is just fine, not that i use it often. It did optimize my settings again when i loaded my first map since patch.

It certainly aint no BFV patch, In fairness in my opinion they are just reacting alot more quickly and Your not goin to release a 50/100 mb patch after a couple of weeks.

God i love this game :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Since i installed the patch my filters are messed up, if i type in [tig] of [g.f.f] in it, it isnt finding the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

kinkstr wrote:
    Since i installed the patch my filters are messed up, if i type in [tig] of [g.f.f] in it, it isnt finding the servers.

yeah exact same thing is happening me also... really annoying having to enter the ip only to find its full or whatnot!

Why don't you people use All Seeing Eye to list BF2 servers?

Download it and you'll never use the server browser again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

lmao at Battlefield 2 tbh. Will give the patch a go - wish me luck :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

On the TIG download site it said at one stage last night that someone had reported a problem with the file . I didn't see any mention of it on either forums so I went ahead anyways as I was doing nowt else ......Postman Pat passed out my house yesterday :(

They seem to have changed the way that the filters work too. Try typing [tig] into the filer field and hit ENTER when still in the field rather than using the apply filter button.

Update : Lots of people having trouble with unlisted servers. It seems that any name that begings with [ will not show up in the list. Can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

jonski wrote:
    On the TIG download site it said at one stage last night that someone had reported a problem with the file . I didn't see any mention of it on either forums so I went ahead anyways as I was doing nowt else ......Postman Pat passed out my house yesterday :(

Yea, the way I have the current downloads section scripted you can report an error with the filea and it will then put a rather far too obvious notice on the site. You can still download the file by clicking the Downlaod button and it will work perfectly.

I can assure you the file we have linked on our downloads works and there are no problems with it.

Anyway, work on the new site is underway so .. huzzah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I d/led it anyway as I figured someone would have posted here if there was anything wrong , pity that ppl can't just be grateful for the d/l instead of having to "see what this button does" .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

If you want I could change some random bytes in the installer.

BF2 Patch Issues [July 07, 2005, 10:54 am EDT] - 25 Comments
    Battlefield 2 patch causes server chaos on Boomtown reports that server operators are describing memory leak issues they are experiencing on Battlefield 2 servers following the version 1.01 update. According to their investigation, both Windows and Linux servers are impacted, though the problem seems to be worse on Windows servers. Also, there are folks suffering from "Patching Failed" and "Can't find install folder for Battlefield 2" errors when attempting this upgrade, the issues can be seen outlined in this forum post, while this forum post (thanks Ant) offers workarounds, though care should be taken with any troubleshooting that involves registry editing.

http://bf1942.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=8649
    http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1692933
    http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=13224
    kdjac

Advertisement