Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Hard Drive

Options
  • 06-07-2005 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

I am looking for a Seagate Barracuda 160GB/200GB ide with ata/100 8mb cache 7200rpm.

I have seen the prices on Komplett.ie and was just wondering if people knew of any other places to get one cheaper.

I am looking at the seagate as it is suposed to be very quiet which I need as it is going into a xbox, but was wondering would people have any other suggestions that would suit my needs.

Thanks for the help....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Maxtor are cheaper, and silent enough, i have one in my xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

www.jes-computer.de might be cheaper.

Maxtor are quiet, but put out a bit more heat. Seagates are prettymuch silent and preduce less heat, always a good thing.

Generally I have found Seagate to be more reliable than Maxtor. With IDE and SATA anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Have 5 maxtor drives. I allways buy them and have not had any problems with them either.

Advertisement