Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creepy coincidence

Options
  • 06-07-2005 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

just thought id share with you something that happened to me yesterday and something that i found a little creepy.

last friday i finished doing a 4 fieldwork placement as part of my college course, i got to know my supervisor really well who's from South Africa, she did a brillant job of educating me, beyond her call of remit so i decided to purchase a little gift for her over the weekend as my way of saying thank you to her, i gave the gift to her yesterday (a necklace with silver celtic knot design, like the one below, centre design).

1831_46226544.gif

she told me that it was exactly the same celtic design necklace that she had used to lay around the neck of her dead grandmother (whom she was very close to and lived with all her life in south africa), who died exactly a year to the day that i gave her the new necklace with the same celtic emblem.

i had no idea about her grandma dying or the day she died when i was purchasing the item , i find it such a concidence that i picked out one with exactly the same design and same colour as the one she put over the body of her grandma to the same day(eg the first anniversary of her death).

anyhow i found it a bit of a creppy coincidence and thought id share it with you all and see what you think of it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

what a wonderfull story, may you were guided to that gift maybe not;
    but you really did give her something that will mean even more to her then
    another necklace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i was kind of attracted to it when i saw it in the shop but it didnt really look any different from any of the other pieces of jewellery i saw there.

the ironic thing was the placement was down the country so i was staying with my own granny at the time and talking non-stop about her to my supervisor during our many coffee breaks etc, so maybe i was supposed to give it to her to remind her that her granny's near her and still watching out for her.

Advertisement