Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reply to and Quote Email Notification

• 04-09-2001 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

How's about Email Notification for replies to a reply you made to another topic?

Arrgh I was going to ask something else.. ARGH. Jesus, what was it. Damn. God this is annoying. Oh well. smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think it is a good idea - but it would need to be an option only and you would need to use it selectively.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

or maybe, even if you don't want to reply to a topic, just have a link above the topic marked 'Notify me of any new posts in this thread' or sumfink like that.

"I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Dr. Homer Simpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by seamus:
    or maybe, even if you don't want to reply to a topic, just have a link above the topic marked 'Notify me of any new posts in this thread' or sumfink like that.

</font>

Exactly, another good idea.. I have a problem where i might reply to a thread and then never visit it again, perhaps there are people enraged by my comments and I don't even get to see their red faces.. Terrible waste!

Oh and I remembered what I wanted to ask. Why are threads closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kopf:

Oh and I remembered what I wanted to ask. Why are threads closed?
    </font>

From my understanding of it it's usually because they've either run their course completely and there's nothing more to be said, they've degenerated so badly into arguments or spam that the moderator doesn't want to let them continue, - or of course you get the ones that are inappropriate to the forum they are posted in (or just plain inappropriate - period). The reason, as I see it, why threads are just closed as opposed to being deleted is so that people can still read them and see what was said so far (or see what NOT to do, how NOT to behave)...

That's just how I see it though, I'm sure DeV can confirm or deny or elaborate...

And as for your suggestion, ( or more specifically - seamus' one wink.gif ) - I agree 100%!

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Twould be easy to implement too - it'd only have to be added to the html generator for new topics now, and not added to every page on boards(why would you ask for new posts on old, unused threads?) DeVore(or whoever is the scriptmaster), whatcha think?

"I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Dr. Homer Simpson

• Advertisement
Advertisement