Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 06-07-2005 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've literally never seen this forum before, but anyway. I have skype but rarely use it, only once in a while to talk to my bro in spain. But what's the deal with random people calling you?

Someone from the Slovak Republic is pm'ing me. Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Does skype have an option to hide your status and/or make you not visible in their user list? If so, then do it.
    Is an optional 'Ignore list' to which you could add the offending person.
    Otherwise lodge a complaint with Skype.

There's always the chance you'll get all sorts of weird and wonderful webbots tyring to phone you.

Are they service announcements? iirc Skype have connections (pardon the pun) in Eastern Europe.

causal

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its just like MSN or ICQ anybody can call/IM you
    If you go into File > Options, goto the Privacy tab you can set different options with regards to who can call you

[edit] damn you causal you beat me to it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

yeah i always keep myself 'invisible', but this person called me anyway, i wasn't even at the computer at the time. Another person tried to add me to their contacts, someone from Russia or something, i looked at their profile and their B'day was withing a week of mine, so i presume they were looking for random people the same age to talk to , all i'm worried about is the reasoning beind it.

I don't mind if random people contact me through the messenger, but i don't want to talk to anyone i don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Scenic911

Sometime when Skype is installed it checks ALL contact lists on the PC and make a best match case on thier subscribe/register list. Sometimes it matches but others times it is way off. Hence these random "quirks"..

Scenic

Advertisement