Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Project

• 06-07-2005 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I am doing a project on "Broadband development and implementation in Ireland" and i can't really find much info about broadband with relation to Ireland. I'm looking for sites with general information on broadband in ireland ie when it started, how quick it is growing etc
    So if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it!
    Thanks
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

www.irelandoffline.org, same thing but might as well have the seperate URL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

cheers fellas never thought of looking in irelandoffline thanks a million

Anyone else have any good links?

Thanks

So anyone have any more links that could be useful, or any ideas on what to actully write about, i have to do about 25 pages and i have a few done so far but can't really decide what to write about, any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

good luck with your project.:D

drdre wrote:
    good luck with your project.:D

so far i have something like this planned
    What is broadband

How does broadband work

Some general facts about broadband

Ireland and broadband
    -When it was introduced for business/etc
    -When it was available for home use
    -What does broadband allow users that 56K modems did not
    -Whats speeds are currentlty available
    -Different companies and what they have to offer
    -Prices of each company

anything else i could add?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

so far i have something like this planned

anything else i could add?

THe MAN and the Govs policy in delivering it to the regions !

and the SEROULS LACK of broadband and the sideeffects of same !!

GOod area to cover !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭jacksie

broadband here is **** and we'll never get it in any way rural places. thats all you need to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

The Eircom Tribunal has some good stuff. You should check WikiPedia for information about all the BB providers and also their official sites. I have made a list of all the ISPs I can think of and some vaguely useful facts about the company. I'm sure you already have all this, but just to be sure:

I also think you could add a section about the Future of Broadband in Ireland and talk about the struggle between Eircom and ComReg, the introduction of new technologies such as Cable and Wireless and their future impact on the Broadband Market. You could also talk about the purchase of NTL by UGC and the highly localised cable company in Dungarvan called Cablesurf, who also happen to offer the fastest service in the country.

• Advertisement

Serbian wrote:
    The Eircom Tribunal has some good stuff. You should check WikiPedia for information about all the BB providers and also their official sites. I have made a list of all the ISPs I can think of and some vaguely useful facts about the company. I'm sure you already have all this, but just to be sure:

I also think you could add a section about the Future of Broadband in Ireland and talk about the struggle between Eircom and ComReg, the introduction of new technologies such as Cable and Wireless and their future impact on the Broadband Market. You could also talk about the purchase of NTL by UGC and the highly localised cable company in Dungarvan called Cablesurf, who also happen to offer the fastest service in the country.

Thanks a million for your help mate

Advertisement