Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else noticing fewer posts to this BBS in general?

• 04-09-2001 6:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

This is something that I've been watching over the past few weeks. There seems to be far less posts @ night time than there used to be. I am a regular topic starter, either because I have some sort of question, or else I would like to hear ppls views on certain topics. Right now I have several threads spread across various boards in this system. But don't seem to be getting as much feedback as I used to.

Let's take for example, I posted something at 4:50am this morning. I then disconnected at 5am, and re-connected at 6:15am. Durin that time only one other person had posted to the entire Boards system. I think that's pathetic, considering that there are soooo many members on this board, and that it's the main one in Ireland. I can't say I am a big fan of Games (well to the degree a lot of ppl in here are anyway), but a lot of the posts are Game related. I personally live in the Programming board. I know it's not going to be as hot a topic as Counter Strike (God Forbid that might happen), but it's crazy when you see no activity on it for 2 - 3 days in a row!. I am sick and tired contributing and then waiting days to find replies. The whole reason I use this site is because (as I mentioned already), I like to hear ppl's feedback, but when that doesn't happen, it often influences me to not bother checking at all!.

I am a big fan of these boards, and I don't want to see it's standards drop. But I just want to know has anyone else, (perhaps those of you who don't frequent the Games section) noticed a distinct drop in regular contributions.

;-phobos-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phobos:
    Let's take for example, I posted something at 4:50am this morning. I then disconnected at 5am, and re-connected at 6:15am. Durin that time only one other person had posted to the entire Boards system. </font>
    And what the hell would u be doing up at that hour of the morning, maybe the reason u didn't get that many post's in that time period is because most sane ppl are sleeping!! rolleyes.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Last month was our busiest month ever (as usual). We've been saying that for some time now...

I think you'll find most people are asleep at that time alright. Though theres still usually a dozen or so night owls throughout the night.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

What the hell are you doing up at that time browsing the internet mate? And you're surprised that nobody posted between 5 and 6...!!! That's a strange thing to be surprised at. It's like me getting up at 5 in the morning... calling round to my mates house and being surprised when he punches me in the face!!?

Fink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey Weston, that JVM for IPAQ topic has been up for 1 hour 56 mins now, and you still haven't replied!!

But seriously, I think that there is still not enough members to support that kind of posting long-term. Maybe college starting again will help! smile.gif

Of course, there's always Simon ... smile.gif

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    Last month was our busiest month ever (as usual). We've been saying that for some time now...</font>

Posts or hits? There seemed to be a distinct drop in posts over the holidays (in particular on the humour board). Of course there is the number of times that pages fail to load and have to be 'refreshed'.

My 2 cents.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 04-09-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

All the kids are back in school too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Loadza ppl are still on hols phobos(I'm going on Sat. Wohoo!), so that could be a reason for it. and somedays you just can't be bothered answering new posts, you havent really got time. Wait til everyone is back in work/college again & bored. The new posts will fly in then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Oh nos!!! No-one gave me feedback on my amazing post at 5.15 in the morning!!! rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phobos:
    This is something that I've been watching over the past few weeks. There seems to be far less posts @ night time than there used to be. </font>

This is probably due to jobless school kids going back to school and being sent to bed early... Most schools r back by now. Some 1st yrs will start soon. And some ppl r just plain boring.... smile.gif

"Information is Ammunition"
    Choas Engine
    Email: choas@netshop.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trojan:
    Hey Weston, that JVM for IPAQ topic has been up for 1 hour 56 mins now, and you still haven't replied!!
    </font>

Muppet! smile.gif

I just did there a few mins ago. Anyway back to the point.

I know it's kinda stupid me saying it's pathetic that ppl aren't posting in the middle of the night. But I am just comparing it to what I was used to over months previous. Since I am such a cheapo, I won't give the phone co. the satisfaction of connecting during peak hours wink.gif

You are probably right, when peeps get back to college and stuff the trend might change. But not to worry, coz I have the free T1 in the college to play with all day. But tis my last year frown.gif sniff frown.gif

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement