Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite over Southern France

Options
  • 06-07-2005 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Saw what appeared to be a satellite about 11:30pm Paris Time heading South to North (ish). Travelling really fast, covered an eight of the sky in about 3/4 mins. Anyone have any ideas what I saw? And no I wasn't on the pastis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Yeah it was a satellite, theyre not at all rare. Theyre always flying overhead, just most are too dim to see. A quick look on www.heavens-above.com would suggest was the international space station.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Pure coincidence: I came in here to look at this post. I clicked on the link in the above post and the map showed the ISS was over Ireland, and the time list complied with that. I went outside, and there it was crossing the sky. It was not the first time I've seen it, but it was nice to see it again.

Advertisement