Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 contract

Options
  • 06-07-2005 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

guys i want to leave o2,but i am in a 12 month contract which is ending in april next year. could anyone recommend any way out.i will argue with the as i have done so a few times and have been successful(got 6 months free line rental).but i wish to keep my number but want to move to meteor.
    hope someone can help:D
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ooh April... So playing by o2's rules that's 15e x 9 months which is 135e.
    I have no idea how to actually get out of the contract earlier. Maybe claim you're leaving the country for a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

cut off ur direct debit or payment method...
    they will eventually cut u off... and stop sending u mail askin for the bill...

or try ringing them and saying u have to leave the country for personal reasons...

Yes but they want to keep their number which makes it more awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cut off ur direct debit or payment method...
    they will eventually cut u off... and stop sending u mail askin for the bill...

or try ringing them and saying u have to leave the country for personal reasons...

That do your credit rating the WORLD of good. :rolleyes:

meh.. didnt affect me.. i did it to eircom.. and hey ive never had a problem.. just went into d bank 1 day and said can u cancel all debits to eircom ltd. they said any reasons? i said not really im in dispute with them.. my bank never asked a question again.. never affected my credit rating a bit. applied for a loan of 5k for a car, approved. applied for a cc got 1 with a 4k limit... from the same branch same bank...

• Advertisement

They can put you on some sort of credit rating blacklist as far as I know. And if you ever wanted to move back to o2 at any time over the rest of your life, they'll totally **** you over on re-connection.

but i dnt tink he wants to stay with o2. and whats the likely chance of o2 bringing out an offer that beats everything else hands down in the near future?
    all he would need to do even then is register it in someone else's name and just use his own bank account....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks guys for the input, the only major problem is i want to keep my number. if i didnot then it would of been easy. i would have just cancelled it by arguing with them.i donot want to pay bills anymore. i am going into meteor today to ask them what they can do for me.:D
    has anyone had a bad experience with meteor.except for the reception etc.
    thanks

the customer service team at meteor didnt really help me at all.... had a few problems with them... lot fo arrogrant idiots workin in the call centre...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks royal marine. i will see if i cannot get out of the contract.i donot think i can so i wouldnot be changing to meteor yet.

thanks for you input

• Advertisement
Advertisement